HD on Vermin is a struggle

Hi All

I been having some trouble trying to get a good HD signal from my Zgemma H2H box. All SD Channels seem to be fine. I even tried a Edision OS Mini box to see if that would rectify however its exactly the same.

I believe the issue is a signal problem, some HD channels work great but some I just receive a fuzzy image or no image at all.

I done some testing and have also purchased a Technetix HDU-400 to see if that would help but it hasnt helped. what prompted me to purchase this was when I did a test and plugged the box to the first point which comes into the house, the signal seemed to work a lot better, HD channels which didnt work before now worked ok so I assumed the issue was lack of strength of signal hoping the HDU would sort it.

Does anyone know anything else I can try? I only have a Broadband service so going to be difficult for me to ask vermin about looking at the signal at the street box as broadband seems to be fine.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Check your signal levels via the Superhub and put screen shots of them on here if you can.

Have you checked you have the correct NET ID?

people forget in the days of starview any cable would do but electronics have advanced and so too have issues.

I use a powered hdu and had a few glitch issues, was using an RG6 cable so I changed to Webro WF 100, all is now perfecto [emoji108][emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A solid copper core cable is a must for me, glad you agree as a lot of so called " experts " say any old cable will do.
Clearly a decent cable wins every time, not costing the earth either [emoji3]

OK, to clear a few issues up
RG standards refer to a measurement of cable,
it used to be an actual standard, so a lot of people, myself included still refer to it,
the problem arises is when a cable made to 'RG6' or 'RG59' measurements actually turns out not to be to those standards, but is instead CCS or CCA ,
which is in fact copper covered steel/aluminium
proper RG6 or RG59 is still as good as, if not better than WF100 [or CT100, which is my preferred cable], which is simply a trade name for RG59

Back