HD51 4K HD51 image/setup help

Hi. Thanks for your help.. I have been trying the last few hours I have unzipped the image and followed the instructions for USB format etc.. I have copied over the image and hd51 folder as instructed. I insert the USB and hold in the power button whilst inserting power at rear.. All that happens is it boots as normal. Splash screen is openatv still. I have noticed that it looks like the channels are missing as no listings for channels on device. I'm going to try a different USB stick later in case it doesn't like the Kingston one. I have formatted the USB using the included software and tried all three USB ports. Also I still can't connect via filezilla. I'm wondering if the mutant hd51 is to blame. Is there a alternative way to flash...really sorry to keep asking for help.

All that needs to be on the usb stick is the hd51 folder.
Power off the box completely, insert the usb (I use the front slot but it shouldn't matter).
Holding the front power button in and switch the power on until the display shows 'FLASHING'.
You can now release the front power button.
When the display shows 'COMPLETED' then 'REBOOT' you can remove the usb.

There isn't an easy way to flash without having network connectivity.
I'll test the flash on mine to make sure it works.

Don’t leave the power button pressed for too long. I found it a bit temperamental on mine. It’s getting the timing wright.

OK so I've tried 3 different USB same results. And I only get the booting message on the box no flashing appear. I'll try shorter button presses to see. Thanks again both.

I have just managed to flash with a openatv 6.0 mutant51-20 170929_usb image. The one I downloaded from here just didn't work. Maybe something to do with mine being atv I don't know. Currently doing a scan so I'll let you know. Much appreciated your help. Thanks

I have added the two missing files from another image folder to the link you sent, I have flashed with no problem. Image looks really good. Thank you for your help to all.

That's weird, there are files missing but it flashes my box fine.
I'll look into it when I get home from work.

There are links in General Sat Discussion and General Cable Discussion for getting lines.

Hi, box works fine with the image off you, thanks... only prob is i still cant connect with filezilla, it is the current version. i have tried all combinations with different usbs, leaving password in/out, ports ect, nothing.
I have tried using different ftp programs and all the same, any ideas. What version of filezilla works on your box and am i missing something out. I remember years ago i used dreamup on the dreambox wonder if that would work? Any help much appreciated.

You should be able to connect in 'Network Places' if you're using Windows.
.... or use the IP address of your box preceded by 2 backslashes in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer. (\\192.168.0.**).

oops , forget i said usb... its been a long weekend. i have been working on this box since 10am sat morning till early hours sunday, then part of sunday till late. Then when i was home yesterday till nearly 1am..

If you open windows explorer there should be a network icon on the left hand side.
I just use \\192.168.0.** in the address bar.

maybe its just filezilla, ill try that method when im home, the image i had off you does vm also ??, is there a way to switch to vm skin when on cable as it always boot to slyk. hopefully ill learn on here and be useful with helping others. thanks

Back