HD51 4K HD51 & ipab - Oscam :(

mcquigar

Hi all,

Just upgraded from a H2s to a HD51 - much quicker. I have installed the ipab image on it, as I liked it on the H2s.

However, I am trying to get my line installed. On the H2S I used Newcamd but obviously on the HD51 I have to use Oscam.

So, 2 questions:

1) My current Newcamd.list file looks like this:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = serverzzzzz.co.uk 05371 xxxxx-xxxxx yyyyyyy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

Following the excellent advice at http://www.techkings.org/threads/oscam-for-atv.95494 I traneferred this into the oscam.server file in /usr/keys:

[reader]
label = server1
protocol = newcamd
device = serverzzzzz.co.uk,05371
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = xxxxx-xxxxx
password = yyyyyyy
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Now, it still doesn't work. When I go to softcam panel and start oscam, if I come out and go back in, it has reverted to "no cam".

2) The Oscam version installed is 11378 for ATV - is this correct? When I go to download softcams, there is nothing in the list, so I had to install the ipk manually. Should I be able to install new OSCAM from the blue button etc? Also, the oscam.server file is located in /usr/keys, not in /usr/keys/oscam_atv as indicated in the link above?

Any assistance appreciated. I'm starting to regret buying the HD51.

Thanks,

Gareth

ah, probably not. If so, how do I remove it and install the proper one? Any chance you could provide a link to the correct one? I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your help. I managed to get it working this morning, when I went to the blue button and install softcams, there were some in the install list (not like last night). So it has installed OSCam r11353, which (going by version numbers) is different to the one linked to above by Willo. But it is working, so I'm tempted to leave it now :)

On a separate note - Willo, been looking at your build for the HD51. What major differences would I notice over the likes of iPab? Ta!

I don't know because I haven't tried iPab.
Mine is OpenViX with Kiddac's Slyk Onyx, Slyk1-HD skins etc.
It's cable and sat combi using dsayers2014's custom mix to combine VM HD channels into the first bouquet.
Also using Jensen Everest's 14 day epg.
Not got loads of plugins installed, just IPTV Player really.

Back