Hdcctv System recommendation

Borosniper

Hi all new to the group

Please can anyone recommend me a good had night vision CCTV security system for my house needs to be weatherproof and records to hard drive And to also have a mobile phone app to access wirelessly

Thanks in advance

Hi all new to the group

Please can anyone recommend me a good had night vision CCTV security system for my house needs to be weatherproof and records to hard drive And to also have a mobile phone app to access wirelessly

Thanks in advance

Check the CCTV thread in the DIY section, there's quite a few knowledgable CCTV folk posted in that and a few reccomendations, videos etc

edit> forgot the link, here it is;
http://www.techkings.org/threads/home-cctv.123789/

what sort of budget?
you arent going to get decent cameras for under £100 , depending on just what you call GOOD.

Thanks budget for system no more than £200
you wont get what you are asking for in that budget
you could chance a DVR and some cameras off a popular auction site,
but expect to be disappointed,
I have a few cheap cameras at my own place to show customers the difference between a £40 camera and a £100 one, its astronomical

My mate got an mvpower one few years back seems ok and does what I want but thought there
Must be a more up to date version of that he got it for £200

My mate got an mvpower one few years back seems ok and does what I want but thought there
Must be a more up to date version of that he got it for £200
on the whole any sort of even cheapish DVR will do the job,
its the cameras that are the money ticket,
I have a sannce at my own place, simply because it ended up going spare, and its perfectly fine, but the difference between a £30 camera on it, and a £100 camera is like night and day,
I have a £30 HD camera that is nowhere near as good as a 720TVL , and the 1200TVL blows all my <£50 HD cameras out of the water for clarity and nightvision
HD isnt all its made out to be in cctv,
[I'm going to add this to my sig]
cheap wont be good
good wont be cheap

on the whole any sort of even cheapish DVR will do the job,
its the cameras that are the money ticket,
I have a sannce at my own place, simply because it ended up going spare, and its perfectly fine, but the difference between a £30 camera on it, and a £100 camera is like night and day,
I have a £30 HD camera that is nowhere near as good as a 720TVL , and the 1200TVL blows all my <£50 HD cameras out of the water for clarity and nightvision
HD isnt all its made out to be in cctv,
[I'm going to add this to my sig]
cheap wont be good
good wont be cheap

Just looking at hikvision boxes! Is saance the brand ?
HIK are good boxes,
I'd say better than Sannce probably,
sannce are basically a clone, like a load of cheap chinese boxes,
quick tip, if you have an old sky+ box you can use the HDD drive from it if you get a box without an HDD,
dont be tempted to use just any HDD, it needs to be video rated as it will be running 24/7 ,
normal HDDs are designed to run in a different way from video HDDs,

Thanks I will go on the auction site for the hd, how can I tell if the hd is video rated ?
get a western digital , or other good make,
look on their website to see what HDDs they have classed as video rated
personally, I wouldnt be buying an HDD off an auction site, it could be anything rebranded,,,,,,

Thanks for all your help Steptoe Appreciate it I’m sorting my house out and want to get it cctv’d also wanting a good tv box as my old amiko and kodi box seems to have gone flat so bit by bit building my techs side up

Thanks for all your help Steptoe Appreciate it I’m sorting my house out and want to get it cctv’d also wanting a good tv box as my old amiko and kodi box seems to have gone flat so bit by bit building my techs side up
if you really want to get CCTV cheap,
go analogue,
half decent analogue is waaaaay better than cheap digital, and will work out cheaper as its old tech,
and gullible people simply think digital must be better, so digital commands a higher pricepoint.
dont get fixed focus cameras, unless for a specific reason,
dont get cameras under 600tvl , unless for general observation, [although I have a 420tvl one, but I got it free :) , ands its just a general carpark one ]

if you really want to get CCTV cheap,
go analogue,
half decent analogue is waaaaay better than cheap digital, and will work out cheaper as its old tech,
and gullible people simply think digital must be better, so digital commands a higher pricepoint.
dont get fixed focus cameras, unless for a specific reason,
dont get cameras under 600tvl , unless for general observation, [although I have a 420tvl one, but I got it free :) , ands its just a general carpark one ]

Back