Hdd keeps disconnecting

my hdd keeps disconnecting can be watching a recording and it just stops press file list and no hdd, restart the box and it finds hdd? Any ideas

external powered HDD
or
try a new more powerful PSU

I'd say you need a new PSU anyway if this is a recent thing, and an external powered HDD to make sure it doesnt happen again, the actual box may not be capable of delivering enough power to the port.

No prblem i ha e tried to re iniatlise the box and have mounted it but when i click file list now it brings up folders like timeshift movie iptv cache where as before all i have was movies and trash? Any ideas

What have you re-initialised,? The HDD,?
The folders on it will depend on your box setup and plugins etc

Yeah re done it , i think i am in the root of the hdd when i press file list but if i set stuff to record to the movie folder it doesnt go to the trash folder in the movie it goes to the trash in the root folder

have you got it mounted as HDD ?
then set recordings to go to hdd/movies
not sure how your box works, but on mine to watch a recording I just press the PVR button on the remote and it shows me all my recordings

I just press file list normally but the hdd got pulled out the box by qccident and it seemed to go weird so had to initialise it again and mount it. Yeah ive set it and tht work but its a nightmare to empty deleted items from the folder theygo to once you delete your recording

Back