HDD on Sky HD box

zygote

Hi folks...just joined to enquire if anyone has replaced/upgraded their HDD on their Sky HD box, and if it is simple enough to do. I don't want to spend too much on it, but the kids have it filled the 500Gb up with favourite stuff. Could you give me an idea of what's involved. All responses are greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

Very easy to replace, just a bit of a job getting into the boxes. once in its easy just unplug both plugs unscrew 4 retaining screws, and then fit the new HDD. I think the sky hdd still use a Fat32 format if it does then you will have to format it using a pc as the sky HD boxes don't have this software on board.

Thanks leader, I suspected it might not be too difficult. If I format the new drive could I copy the files from the old drive or are they protected?

Skybox hard drive I believe are formatted using a special format not fat and it seems the only way to copy a drive is using ExPVR software.
Has anybody tried ExPVR? I have tried it this week but was unable to copy since ExPVR displayed a message planner 2.79 is not yet supported.

Back