HDMI dead......

jaisunny

I have a technomate NAN0-3T and one day the box froze, so switched it off at the back then back on again and ever since then the HDMI port didn't work. (May be a total coincidence).

I've changed HDMI cables, HDMI ports and even TV's completely... without success.

Once when I turned it on it showed the technomate splash screen in a fuzzy pink image. But only for 3 seconds or so then went to 'NO SIGNAL'.

I've desoldered the HDMI port and fitted one from a redundant solo2 box. Same issue = No signal.

The box DOES boot up as i can see it doing so on the LCD panel, its also accessible via webif.

Today a set of RCA leads arrived, so I connected it to the video output and to the TV and...Its working. Decided today to also flash the latest VIX to the box. Flashed fine, but again HDMI not working, well it does (bad fuzzy image) for the first 3 seconds on the splash screen, then NO SIGNAL.

So the HDMI is down. Its not the port as i've swapped it.

What else could it be causing the HDMI port to die?. I've had Technomate on the phone and they reckon its a possible software issue (not vix, their own SW) i've emailed them for the software upon the guys recommendation on the phone, but its been over a week and no reply. Its not under warranty though, obviously wouldn't be anyway since i changed the HDMI port.

Does anyone on here have the technomate SW for the NANO-3T?. Or know of a possible fix?.

Last edited:
I would have just send it back under warranty as it would have been done for you,Just an after thought,RCA to HDMI adaptor may be an option

it could be your video settiings have got messed up, if you have filezilla then connect to the box and enter the following

Code:
init 4
vi /etc/enigma2/settings

Now scroll down and look for the line
Code:
config.av.videomode.HDMI=1080i

Make sure its the correct value for your TV, ie 1080i or 1080p

Exit vi by entering :
Code:
:wq
now restart enigma by typing :
Code:
init 4

alternatively try reflashing the box.

I can connect to tv through scart lead ....tried settings.... different hdmi leads ....flashing new images..... different TVs and still no joy with hdmi......

I'm think gonna try rca to hdmi like MOSHIBETH sugested and see how that turns out..... but thank tho...

Back