Hdmi on wii

skyla20

Is there a decent convertor that can convert the wii to hd when on a 1080p led tv?
I have came across a few on the net but was wondering if anyone had brought one and what there opinions are on the converter?
Also would a cheap£1.99 component cable be fine from ebay even though i onow it only gives 480p would the cheap ones from ebay be any good?

Many thanks

A good cable is always better,the limitations to the graphics will not realy be improved by upscaling,if your looking for better graphics the wiiu will be out soon

A good cable is always better,the limitations to the graphics will not realy be improved by upscaling,if your looking for better graphics the wiiu will be out soon

Yeah i wil probs get the wii u only if it gets soft modded other than that im ok for the kids to be on the wii i just thought a component cable would help abit??

I bought a hdmi converter for my Wii, I can tell you it does make a difference, the picture is so much more crisp. Keep in mind the wii's maximum output is only 480p so using this converter wont upscale anymore than the wii's maximum output. Hdmi converter

Last edited:
I bought a hdmi converter for my Wii, I can tell you it does make a difference, the picture is so much more crisp. Keep in mind the wii's maximum output is only 480p so using this converter wont upscale anymore than the wii's maximum output. Hdmi converter

Yea thats true i ended up buying the official wii composite cable only displays at 480p i think but still sharper

I am pretty happy with the official component cable myself. Previously I had the component cable running to my home theater receiver, which upscales all input to 1080p and outputs via HDMI, but I saw no benefit over the component cable alone.

I am pretty happy with the official component cable myself. Previously I had the component cable running to my home theater receiver, which upscales all input to 1080p and outputs via HDMI, but I saw no benefit over the component cable alone.

I agree im quite happy with mine also seems way better than before ;)

Last edited:
Back