Hello, done some reading but which box?

craigpd

Hi all first post but I hope you can help me. I'm looking to get my first box, and after a bit of reading on the forum I'm leaning towards the Zgemma 2s. I like the fact it has a dual tuner so can record another channel, has the sly skin, and has a sub forum here. However before I buy it I thought id ask a couple of quick questions that I'm hoping you can help me with.

When I get my cline do I need to inform them of the dual tuner aspect for it to work?
What size hard drive would you recommend I attach to the box as I'm not sure how much data is required per show/movie also do some work better than others i.e. brand or mains/passport.
While I'm thinking about the Zgemma 2s is there anything better I should be looking at with a similar price range?.

Many thanks all for any input you can give.

Zgemma 2s is as good as you are going to get for the price, having the two tuners will have no bearing on the C line and the hard drive size would be governed by how much recording you intend to make and for how long you intend to keep them on the hdd , Personally I make do with a 32Gb. flash drive but then I tend to only record one program before watching and deleting .

Hi Craigpd, I hope you don't mind me sharing this thread as I have similar question also, ps it saves up space & less clutter on forum.

I just want a box to watch every single channel (hd included), not bothered about recordings thus far, just a box to watch everything (specifically skysports); what would be the ideal box? (decent price, nothing expensive). I thought Skybox F' were what you needed, until I stumbled across this forum to see there were many variations, hence why I'm confused now. Just need someone to briefly explain how it works.. what to buy... how to get all channels...

Back