Help a newbie! None of the firmware working- Flash type match error

feecrux

Hi guys,

I am a total newbie and just bought bm5000s on recommendations from people here. I have tried the guide by Bees ( Thanks a ton! :) and when I tried upgrading the firmware from ones in the download section, none of them worked. Then I downloaded the Sept 2014 Full Flash firmware from blade media site, and that worked. I got FTA channels running.
But I can't see the cfg file as I guess I first need to flash with one of the firmwares.

So I tried all the 3 firmwares in the download section and all of them are giving FLASH TYPE MATCH ERROR with an Update Fail message. I have tried all of em 3/4 times with no luck. Can someone out there please help me fix this?

Thanks so much guys,
FC

Hi. I've recently purchased my BM5000s from eBay and I'm getting exactly the same issue. I've tried both firmware's available on this site and get the same issue. It looks to me as if the newer BM5000s may come with newer chips incompatible with the firmware offered.? If anyone has come across this it'll be great help.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 PM ----------

Hi Feecrux. Did you by any chance update to the official September 2014 firmware offered at blademedia.tv/bm5000ssupport.html ? I've got a feeling that once we update to the latest official firmware we are unable to downgrade with any other firmware which is a older date.

Hi. So I finally got this working after trying all the firmwares in the download section. I think the issue is that I purchased a new BM5000s with an updated sw I guess. What I did:
1) Downloaded the official software from Blade Media site - Sept 2014 ALL
2) Then tried this patched firmware from numsy (from the post of 12th Sept with 9991 option) and followed bees advice in the guide for rest of the setup:

Thanks a lot for all your help guys! you are all a star!
:)

Hi. I've recently purchased my BM5000s from eBay and I'm getting exactly the same issue. I've tried both firmware's available on this site and get the same issue. It looks to me as if the newer BM5000s may come with newer chips incompatible with the firmware offered.? If anyone has come across this it'll be great help.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 PM ----------

Hi Feecrux. Did you by any chance update to the official September 2014 firmware offered at blademedia.tv/bm5000ssupport.html ? I've got a feeling that once we update to the latest official firmware we are unable to downgrade with any other firmware which is a older date.

Hi sargy1971, I dont think I have permission here to post a link, so if you can search on this bm5000s forum: its the post started by numsy named- [h=2]Blade Bm5000s 12th september 2014 with 9991 option[/h]
dated 04-12-2014, 03:36 PM

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Cannot find this patched firmware off numsy, can you put the link on ? Cheers

Back