Help - Align a motorised dish

jimzgemma

Tried all afternoon and I give up??

HOW??

Ive watched youtube videos and read half the internet.

Still cant do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OK,
Have you set your dish declination as calculated from the motor manual,?
And the motor angle is correct,?
Fit the dish on the motor arm dead centre, and fit the motor to your pole dead south,
Drive your dish to 1W,
Now little by little move the MOTOR on the pole, you do NOT move the dish.

OK,
Have you set your dish declination as calculated from the motor manual,?
And the motor angle is correct,?
Fit the dish on the motor arm dead centre, and fit the motor to your pole dead south,
Drive your dish to 1W,
Now little by little move the MOTOR on the pole, you do NOT move the dish.

Done all that. 6 hours and Im fed up.

Tried manually pointing at 42e for boxing but can I find it no.

£20 to watch then. NOT HAPPY!!!

Thanks for the help guys.

was you trying to align the dish for the eubank fight on 42e on tivibu sport 1, then I just had a look for that channel and its not in my list and would not scan in. Maybe you can just watch it on the net it will be on many streaming sights but cricfree already looks to be showing it.

It can take time/days but you will get it . my dish bracket was set up wrong got of ebay .days of pi.... about then got a satlink meter and fix bracket and got it.liveonsat have a list of feeds

I watch it on the Tivibu spor 1 website using Turkish VPN. Happy days.

Right back to the motorised. Ive set the motor and dish true south?? Is that right?

Can I use a Zgemma h5.2tc to contol the dish using USAL? and move to 1w?

I watch it on the Tivibu spor 1 website using Turkish VPN. Happy days.

Right back to the motorised. Ive set the motor and dish true south?? Is that right?

Can I use a Zgemma h5.2tc to contol the dish using USAL? and move to 1w?
yes,
in theory
if you set motor south,
and set dish on motor arm south.
then it should be fine,
remember, true south and dead south are different
go by your motor manual,
set your motor angle, then set your dish declination accordingly, this is the weird bit, where your dish points downwards,,,,,,, until you mount it on the motor.

Cant Get 1w. I have app plus compass and sat meter.

Just can`t get 1w????

If you think 1w is too weak then try another satellite like 19east, thats a fairly strong one to set it on or 13 east which is weaker,setting dishes up on weaker satellites might seem strange to some but thats the idea really.

Lnb scew is also important so my advice is set it on 13 east with scew adjustment and the ones around it should fall in fine, with diseqc i usually leave the scew in the middle as thats the actual idea behind diseqc if you want a wide arc.

It really depends what sats your after tbh tho so location/dish size/motor brand/lnb brand etc etc all make a huge difference,to do it properly as suggested your pole should be plum...set at 0 degrees and use usals...however if its small time for europe like 13 to 28 east then set it up as i say...

42 east turksat is a weak signal mate, maybe its changed signal wise now but before i required minimum 1.1 triax to recieve some transponders in the uk last time i checked,1.2 andrews advised tho.

Its easy enough just time consuming I posted a set up method in the motorised
Section

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Different methods of setting up a motorised.system.First i would check that the pole is exactly vertical Mount.the dish
And polar head with the dish forward Set the polar elevation and declination offset according to your site latitiude For example if your latitude is 55° your polar elevation will be 34.4° your. declination of.set would be 7.1° Rotate the dish.and polar head.so.that the dish points true south and
tighten the fixing bolts This can be done by using a satellite meter to find the at 1 west
The next step is to rotate the dish on the polar head to find a reference satellite to the east Astra 28 east this can be.done. by a motor positioner or by unclamping the motor and moving the dish by hand Move the dish from east to west to maximise the signal then slacked the elevation adjustment bolts peak the signal level retighten the bolts Next rotate the dish on its polar head to find a satellite to the west and maximise the signal Then without loosening the elevation.bolts flex the dish up and down to see if the signal can be increased if so the polar head must be adjusted very slightly on the mounting pole
And the whole.procedure repeated until no
Increase in the signal can be found on either east or west Then move the.dish on its polar head to find a satellite as near as
possible to true south check the signal is peaked If not you might have to readjust the declination angle setting on the dish very slightly until the signal level is peaked for all the satellite's

Different methods of setting up a motorised.system.First i would check that the pole is exactly vertical Mount.the dish
And polar head with the dish forward Set the polar elevation and declination offset according to your site latitiude For example if your latitude is 55° your polar elevation will be 34.4° your. declination of.set would be 7.1° Rotate the dish.and polar head.so.that the dish points true south and
tighten the fixing bolts This can be done by using a satellite meter to find the at 1 west
The next step is to rotate the dish on the polar head to find a reference satellite to the east Astra 28 east this can be.done. by a motor positioner or by unclamping the motor and moving the dish by hand Move the dish from east to west to maximise the signal then slacked the elevation adjustment bolts peak the signal level retighten the bolts Next rotate the dish on its polar head to find a satellite to the west and maximise the signal Then without loosening the elevation.bolts flex the dish up and down to see if the signal can be increased if so the polar head must be adjusted very slightly on the mounting pole
And the whole.procedure repeated until no
Increase in the signal can be found on either east or west Then move the.dish on its polar head to find a satellite as near as
possible to true south check the signal is peaked If not you might have to readjust the declination angle setting on the dish very slightly until the signal level is peaked for all the satellite's

Thanks for all the info.

Is 1w and true south the same??

My latitude is 52deg, the motor is 38deg and my dish is 27.5deg??

Back