HELP! - Having a nightmare here ;(

rekutt

Im running OpenATV 5.1
Wooshman Latest Build

All of a sudden my box has stopped recording, it was saying HDD Disk Full when it wasnt at all so i did an initialisation of it using the box itself but its not playing ball ;(

Ive tried looking at the mounting of the HDD but when i restart the box i get this message everytime?

IMG_2237.jpg

So when i go to the recording and timeshift in the setup menu, when i click on the Timeshift location or recording location i get this error message too!!

IMG_2238.jpg

Can anyone help me, im lost?? Am i looking at a complete new system again ;(

Thanks in advance :)

That is normally an indicator that your USB is not working.
Make sure it is fully pushed in first.
If still the same then would suggest trying a different USB and doing the initialise procedure again.

That message is telling you that the device the timeshift is trying to save to is not initialised. I would initialise again. To be fair, unless you disabled timeshift and the swap file before you tried to initialise the first time it will have just complained and not let you as the device is mounted.

That message is telling you that the device the timeshift is trying to save to is not initialised. I would initialise again. To be fair, unless you disabled timeshift and the swap file before you tried to initialise the first time it will have just complained and not let you as the device is mounted.

I couldnt unmount it as it was saying it was in timeshift mode when it wasnt. So i unplugged it and initalised it on my laptop. I then hooked it back up to the box and intialised it again using the box this time. But its still saying the same message. I get the first message every time i change channel now, i then have to press exit to get rid every time too ;(

Its my main 1TB hard drive not just a small usb stick, do you think it bust? ;(

I had the same issue when I first started. In my case it was user error. I re-flashed the box and started from scratch. Pain in the backside but worked and got extra flashing/setting up practice. Flawless since

Hmmm a Hard drive shouldn't give you the spinner.

OK, if you haven't already flashed as above, which will take no time you need to re-do the timeshift location, even if it looks right. You could also convert the HDD to Ext4 from the blue button -> hard disk to improve speed. As a test you can always wack a USB stick in and see if it still does it. If it does I would re-flash anyway.

Hmmm a Hard drive shouldn't give you the spinner.

OK, if you haven't already flashed as above, which will take no time you need to re-do the timeshift location, even if it looks right. You could also convert the HDD to Ext4 from the blue button -> hard disk to improve speed. As a test you can always wack a USB stick in and see if it still does it. If it does I would re-flash anyway.

Cheers Wooshman, ive changed the location or redone it should i say and it seems to work for a bit then it doesnt. It seems like its clashing with the recording location. Should they be saving into different places? or the same folder? Also what should the default location path look like?

mines like this now: /media/sda1/timeshift

is that a defualt location or have i moved it buy accident??

Lastly how easy is it to reflash please? im sunning your set up which should help ;)

Cheers fella!!

Back