Help installing ipk packges

Rudylad

Hi. Im new to al this. Ive had my box a year and somebody helped me with the setup. My box has crashed and Im in the middle of trying to do it all again. Ive flashed the box and went through the setup wizard on blackhole (2.1.0(new version wont work)) Im as far as installing the ipk package. I cant do it via laptop to vu box for whatever reason. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or whether you can do it via usb or what? Id be massively grateful for any help at all. Im totally new to all this and trying to figure it out as I go...not easy for someone with 0 experience though.

Hi. Im new to al this. Ive had my box a year and somebody helped me with the setup. My box has crashed and Im in the middle of trying to do it all again. Ive flashed the box and went through the setup wizard on blackhole (2.1.0(new version wont work)) Im as far as installing the ipk package. I cant do it via laptop to vu box for whatever reason. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or whether you can do it via usb or what? Id be massively grateful for any help at all. Im totally new to all this and trying to figure it out as I go...not easy for someone with 0 experience though.

You'll need to FTP the ipk file to the "temp" folder on your receiver. Then goto "install local file" section of the menu on your receiver and install from there. That's how I do it using Vix image. I'm sure it's similar with Blackhole.

Back