HELP lost all channels fta and iptv just black screen

leec32

hi

strange one, went to do a software update on my zgemma h9 this morning openatv 6.2

had 47 updates and started updating then the box just turned itself off, re started tried again and same but in the meantime all channels have gone, all my fta and my iptv, just black screen

everything else is working as it should, epg menus etc.

i re installed a full back up from last week and the same

what could it be causing this ?

thanks

someone else mentioned they did a software update yesterday on there H9 and it kept rebooting so had to reflash but that fixed it.

try running an autobouquets scan to see if that brings back your tv channels

tried that already, everyuthing is working as it should no no signal been transmitted for fta or iptv.

the back up was a fully working back up from last week that i re flashed with and still the same so i couldn't see a new flash from scratch been any different

Each nightly image had updated bits compared to the previous nightly image. If they have made some big changes in between your backup date and now it may be causing the issue when you run the updates. When the H9 came out there were loads of changes, one of which being the Kernal version. Update this with a software update and your box doesn't boot because although it tries to update the files it just kills the box instead.

If you have the time it is worth flashing the latest version of openATV or just sticking with your working image and don't do updates.

Each nightly image had updated bits compared to the previous nightly image. If they have made some big changes in between your backup date and now it may be causing the issue when you run the updates. When the H9 came out there were loads of changes, one of which being the Kernal version. Update this with a software update and your box doesn't boot because although it tries to update the files it just kills the box instead.

If you have the time it is worth flashing the latest version of openATV or just sticking with your working image and don't do updates.

i made a full back up last week mate, re flashed with that and the channels are still the same (without trying to do an update) so im thinking is it the box itself that could be broke

Ah OK, I missed the channels being the same. Have you local FTA frequencies changed? I know in my area of Kent I needed to do a rescan of FTA because they were changing stuff. If the channels are not working now, is it ABM who are the ones to change the frequency in their providers config? I don't know, just thiking aloud.

I will fire up the H7 and run a scan as that was working the other day.

Ah OK, I missed the channels being the same. Have you local FTA frequencies changed? I know in my area of Kent I needed to do a rescan of FTA because they were changing stuff. If the channels are not working now, is it ABM who are the ones to change the frequency in their providers config? I don't know, just thiking aloud.

I will fire up the H7 and run a scan as that was working the other day.

done an update with abm but also my iptv channels are the same, everything is working as normal but i just get no signal from fta or iptv

My FTA are not working. ABM scan 140 channels, I can see them in the channel list and I can see the signal strength of each channel, but I don't get a picture. Like you they worked last week. So I would say, certainly in my case that the frequencies for FTA have changed,

IPTV should work regardless as it doesn't rely on ABM to scan for anything, just your internet.

I am just playing at the moment doing automatic scans without ABM to see what channels I get.

is the box connected to internet OK? if you press green button and go into IPTV player plugin are you able to stream anything? (I find watch series is normally a good one to test with)

After doing a automatic scan on the FTA channels it looks as if frequencies have changed and ABM is not up to date yet. Although my channels are in a right mess, my last scanned bouquets has all working channels again.

I am not blaming ABM as I don't know much about FTA or how ABM goes about being updated, but I know scanning with it for FTA channels gives me a blank screen. Doing a auto scan using just openATV gives me working channels.

box is connected, speed test works fine, my iptv channels are working with vlc, strange that both fta and iptv channels wont work, the box is only a couple month old, could anything on the box be faulty would you think ?

It would need to be seriously broken as it would mean your tuners is broken and your network socket for both not to be working. Have you tried doing a standard automatic scan without using ABM? This will prove your tuner is fine.

Flash the box with openATV and add your IPTV to it, see if that works.
Scan the FTA channels using just open ATV

This will test your box is working properly.

If that works your box is fine.

scanned channels found lots but still no signal, something wrong because i tried another software update and when it statrs scanning packages after 40 seconds the reciever just shuts off i then have to power up using the power button at the back

everything was ok this morning all channels working until i tried to do a software update and the box shut down, but still it makes no sense as to why my fully working complete back up wont work when i flashed that

what nightly build of ATV are you flashing with? if the latest try one a couple of days older, and dont do a software update.

i haven't tried a fresh flash yet, im using a complete back up from last week which was working fine, i do a back up every Saturday in case of bad updates
saves having to install everything again.

ill try fresh see what happens

so found 33 channels on 28.2 some worked forces tv etc

looks like im going to have to start from scratch, i cant understand why the back up flash from last week wont work, frustrating !!!!

Back