Help Me Please (Need to upgrade)

Defect

Evening All,

As stated in my welcome thread, I am new to the world of E2 boxes and bought myself a very basic box just to test out and ensure it is something I like before committing money to it. I currently have a Cloud Ibox2+ SE. I have now had this for around 4/5 month and I am happy with how the box has been so wanting to upgrade to a more serious box. Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge I would like before committing to a bigger purchase - but that is where you guys come in! I really would appreciate your help, I will include as much info as I can that I believe will help, if you need any further info just ask - I will be more then happy to help. A list of points I believe will be valid in helping choose the correct box:

1) MUST be fast! (Channel switch, menu movement etc, bootup etc)
2) 2x Sat, 1x cable feed
3) Give me the ability to watch from a tablet in another room (I have read this is possible with VU+ Duo2, correct me if I am wrong). (IPad)
4) Reliable
5) Original (No CLONES)
6) Have room to fit internal HDD
7) Not have any issues with record playback/timeshift.

After spending many hours reading up - it seems to be between VU+ DUO2 and GigaBlue QUAD+. However, if there is a better alternative PLEASE do advise. I don't mind reading etc so I will be happy to read up on other boxes etc.

Budget is not really an issue, I have around £500 at the moment but if I need to spend more, I will. I would just like a top range box so I do not need to worry about 'Upgrading' to a better box. The way I see it is, you can make 1 purchase of £500. Or buy multiple boxes (upgrades each time) and end up spending £X,000's.

All your advice will be appreciated!
Mark

Hi, I will try to answer some of your questions:

1. VuSolo2 1.3Ghz dual core
2. Dual sat and buy a USB cable tuner
3. All enigma boxes I have used can do this, even your ibox
4. VuSolo2 very reliable....unless you over tinker lol
5. Buy from WOS
6. Takes internal 2.5"hdd'd
7. Never had any issues with timeshift and recording, even at same time,

Hope that helps

some of the newer models have swappable tuners,i have the solo2 fixed sat tuners and added the xtrend 8000 twin cable tuner with one free port if needing another cable or sat tuner with 1 tb internal hdd,could not afford a 4tb :eyes:ROFL

Hi, I will try to answer some of your questions:

1. VuSolo2 1.3Ghz dual core
2. Dual sat and buy a USB cable tuner
3. All enigma boxes I have used can do this, even your ibox
4. VuSolo2 very reliable....unless you over tinker lol
5. Buy from WOS
6. Takes internal 2.5"hdd'd
7. Never had any issues with timeshift and recording, even at same time,

Hope that helps

Many thanks for the reply. So your recommendation is the Solo2. Is there any specific reason you would recommend this over the DUO2 or purely just the fact the Solo2 offers better value for money? I realise the Solo2 and Duo2 appear to have similar specs apart from built in wifi. (Not needed)

My plan is to buy from WOS and I don't really need to tinker with box. I will purely just be using as a tv box. I would like something that is fast, reliable and similar to a Sly/Vermin box. The Duo2 is a really nice looking box, its large and looks solid. Never saw one in real life though. I will just be setting up and leaving :)

Mark

EDIT: Also, how do I setup to watch channels from my box on IPAD ? :)

@cactikid So you have 2 boxes, a sat and cable box? 1tb should be large enough I assume hahah ;]. I was originally thinking of getting 2 separate boxes but after reading I would just prefer a single box that has both feeds.

Last edited:
Both boxes are way better than a sly box. I just went for the solo2 as I felt it was better value, the little display is nice on the duo but I prefer to watch the big one called the telly lol.
If you buy the duo it will save you buying a USB cable tuner later

I did have a comment but it has deleted haha, nevermind.

I guess I would prefer the DUO2 over the Solo2 just to save getting a USB tuner. I can buy the DUO2 with a built in cable plus 2 sat. I assume the built in tuners are a little more reliable than a plug n play tuner? I may be wrong. It looks as though the VU+ are getting all the recommendations here so I will have to decide whether to go solo2 or duo2.

I really appreciate all the responses.

yes vu are excellent boxes got the solo,duo and solo2 and added the xtrend 8000 cable x twin tuner.if i had the money i would have bought the duo2.
some have sold their solo2 and bought boxes with swappable tuners as cable has hd.

yes vu are excellent boxes got the solo,duo and solo2 and added the xtrend 8000 cable x twin tuner.if i had the money i would have bought the duo2.
some have sold their solo2 and bought boxes with swappable tuners as cable has hd.

Yeah the reason for me wanting both services is the HD side for cable. Sat subs cost pennies so may as well run both. I can buy the duo2 from WOS with twin sat, 1 cable for around £320 so I think this is what I may go with. Probably add the extra and get the HDD fitted by them, saves me possibly screwing it up when it comes haha ;)

Back