HELP!! my zgemma H2S now reports as a Mut@nt1200

steverae

HELP

I just went to install the latest Wooshbuild on my zgemma H2S box it would not recognise the flash drive and when it booted up it's reporting as a Mut@nt1200 not a ZgemmaH2S

How can i fix this and then install the new update from wooshbuild

Please help.

I did an over the air update but took a image backup before hand but cannot restore this from within the menu as it states its for the wrong box now

if i did a factory reset, would this put my box back to zgemma and let me flash the wooshbuild base image ?

First thing is never update vix over the air on these boxes as, as you have found out, they don't like it.

Now onto the backup you have.

Have you removed all other devices from the box before trying to flash?
Using the front or back port, does the front LED display USB at any point? If so, now is the time to press the silver button on the front of the box. Doing this should cause the LED to display Boot.

Failing that:
BaseBuild

For simplicity use a spare stick which has been formatted to fat32.

I presume you have the right folder structure on your USB Stick?

Zgemma - H3 - 5 Files

What happens when you put this in the box as per above? You won't have to press the silver button though.
If it still wont boot in any port, try a different USB stick, a smaller one maybe

Download and run HDD Guru, which will low level format the USB stick so you can start the process all again.

Aha - the folder inside zgemma was called sh1 not h3, so renamed and looks like it's working now - I'll let you know

Aha - the folder inside zgemma was called sh1 not h3, so renamed and looks like it's working now - I'll let you know

Are you saying just renaming the file works? because sh1 is meant to be for the older star 2s images that isn't supposed to work with the h2s if that does work it makes me wounder what's so different in the boxes

Last edited:

Are you saying just renaming the file works? because sh1 is meant to be for the older star 2s images that isn't supposed to work with the h2s if that doesn't work it makes me wounder what's so different in the boxes

It will look like it works and then bootloops, well, that is what happens when you go from h3 to sh1 and try on the 2S. I have never tried 2S to H2S - sh1 to h3

I hope we find out now. But saying that I would never build on the 2S by choice, it lives in it's cardboard box, best place for it!

Yeah - I realised that haha - grabbed your base build and bingo - all fixed

thank you so much for all your help,

Back