help needed after setting up the box?

channelking

Hi,

I have flashed my box and also setup it up but I am having a number of problems.

How do I access all the channels on sat? I have tried to go on them but it is showing multiple channels of the same one, why is this?

Also alot of the channels are not full screen its a small box, again why is this happening?

As I have 3 tuners, how do I change from each tuner?

Would really appreciate any help.

You have scanned the sat direct for channels, use ABM.

As I have 3 tuners, how do I change from each tuner?

set the box to "multi EPG"

I have followed your guide to the letter.

I did scan the channels but it's showing same channels multiple times of all the channels. Plus the picture of most channels are not full screen.

i have set to multi EPG but the box is not showing tuner b or c just a.

recheck your second feed is live by removing 1 feed when powered off and see if that tuner works,i got it many times moving box around lol.

You need to scan using Autoboquet maker to get rid of the duplicate channels
Have you done that ?

The tuners don't show in the EPG setup, using "favorites" you should have a set of groups like films, kids sports etc for cable
followed by the same groups which will be sat, depending on which way you set the provider order.

If you press ok on the remote it should show you which tuner it's using, bottom right.

Last edited:
recheck your second feed is live by removing 1 feed when powered off and see if that tuner works,i got it many times moving box around lol.

I don't know what you are saying.

i got two sat cables in the box, so shouldn't it give two feeds?

is that why it's not showing tuner b or c?

---------- Post Merged at 06:03 PM ----------

You need to scan using Autoboquet maker to get rid of the duplicate channels
Have you done that ?

The tuners don't show in the EPG setup, using "favorites" you should have a set of groups like films, kids sports etc for cable
followed by the same groups which will be sat, depending on which way you set the provider order.

If you press ok on the remote it should show you which tuner it's using, bottom right.

i did click on "start scan" on auto bouquet maker but like I said it's showing duplicate channels and on the sat side it shows HD channels on the numbered list.

i have favourites but only for sat and only on 1 sat tuner not the othe.

I expect you will have one list for sat and it will just auto switch between the tuners when you are recording.

Is the cable side working at all ? Are you using the correct net id ?

I would do as cactikid suggested, just put one lead in the box and scan tuner a. take it out and scan tuner b then do the same for tuner c
this will test each tuner is working correctly, when you have confirmed that they are we can then start checking your set up

I expect you will have one list for sat and it will just auto switch between the tuners when you are recording.

I would do as cactikid suggested, just put one lead in the box and scan tuner a. take it out and scan tuner b then do the same for tuner c
this will test each tuner is working correctly, when you have confirmed that they are we can then start checking your set up

I haven't got cable line yet as, but will get it. Plus I have no clue which net id applies to me.

i have looked and it just shows tuner a, when recording it does not switch to tuner b.

---------- Post Merged at 06:24 PM ----------

I haven't got cable line yet as, but will get it. Plus I have no clue which net id applies to me.

i have looked and it just shows tuner a, when recording it does not switch to tuner b.

1.2 configuration mode simple page 6 tuner A
and tuner B mode will match tuner A same as A
dont worry about cable tuner yet one step forward not 2 steps back.

once people get to know what to do it does get easier.
sometimes centre copper coaxial does not connect and you lose a tuner,= hence why to recheck connections and shielding are in place.

Sounds like you are on the right lines so far, I haven't got your box but I expect you should only have one
set of groups when using the favorites button,which will run both sat tuners.

You should get another set of identical groups when you set up the cable side.

as cactikid has mentioned set the two sat tuners up the same.

The other sat tuner will only kick in during recording.

You will know it's working if you can view other channels
while recording is taking place.

The cable side can be set up any time later.

If you press favorites do you get all the groups, kids, films, sports etc. ?

You shouldn't see any duplicates if you use this to navigate through the channel list.

I had an Amiko box before an E2 type box, it had a button on the remote so you could flick between the tuners,
so this threw me for a bit.

There is no button to choose which tuner you want to view but the box should switch
automatically.

Try recording a channel and see if you can switch over.

Last edited:
Firstly thank you cactikid and bees for being patient with me. It's been a tough few days if I'm being honest, I think I'm going bald lol.

@ bees a few things.

Even after recording one channel it does allow me to view another channel on tuner b.

Yes I see in favourites groups like sports, international etc. But is there no way to remove the duplicates? Also is there any way to change the HD channels to SD on the sly numbered list as HD doesn't work?

Also I used your settings near enough for user interface for adjusting edges as I had no idea what to do. Is that why I am get small picture on most channels?

User interface is more for positioning the menus on the screen rather than the TV picture.

Have a look in menu - setup - system - av settings
and try changing a few settings to see if it changes your picture size.

Can't help you with the HD to SD channels, as far as I can tell ABM sorts
them into groups but I don't have duplicates if I use the favorites button.

@bees I done what you said but still not joy it's showing small picture still and not full size screen.

Should I do a factory reset?

I don't know what to do.

enter your box ip in the pc/laptop space where the web address is for a site = open webif and grab a screenshot of page and upload it so we can squint.

Mate I sent you details of my setup, plus I don't feel comfortable putting screenshot up lol.

I just don't understand why it constantly disconnects for long periods of time every day. I think the kit I got is causing the problem.

Mate what do you mean you haven't got an active line? How does your box work lol.

it does not as it one i am messing with and not hooked up correctly,if box disconnects from the internet,i would try another lan cable in case its faulty and not clipped in,power off box and router and recheck box again.box should always stay connected to internet.

it does not as it one i am messing with and not hooked up correctly,if box disconnects from the internet,i would try another lan cable in case its faulty and not clipped in,power off box and router and recheck box again.box should always stay connected to internet.

Ye I will get a another Ethernet cable to see if it makes any difference.

---------- Post Merged at 03:09 PM ----------

You could also try using a different cam to compare the results.

So are you saying try CCam, nline etc?

i don't think it's because of the cam that internet disconnects a lot, it's the internet itself.

---------- Post Merged at 03:10 PM ----------

Are you guys getting setanta channels? I am not get this channel at all, but it was on my other box. Why is this?

Back