help needed after setting up the box?

In "provider order" you can set which set of groups shows first.

I run VM media, sky uk, sky ROI in that order.

So I have three sets of groups such as films kids sports etc.

I watch HD where I can so VM is the top set, followed by sky UK, followed by ROI as I only
tend to watch Setanta from that list.

As for the glitching I think you have been told by three members so far that if you don't sort out your ISP
you will always have this problem, regardless of what box you use. Surely you don't need a fourth to tell you the same
thing.

@cactikid I think it comes back with about 1500 channels for all three providers,

I can break it down individually if you want.

Last edited:
@bees, my providers order is different to yours.

So are you say you have three groups like entertainment from sly uk, sly Ireland and vermin? Is there no way to cut it down or even put Irish channels all on sly uk?

I don't think this specific glitching is related to the internet. As every channel when you go on it has a slight glitch for a second or two.

i don't know if I mentioned, I honestly can't remember. But I can record and watch on tuner a and b and tuner b shows up in use when tuner a is recording. Thanks guys for walking me through it.

Now I'm trying to setup cable for tuner c but am really confused about it.

Why exactly is net id, symbol rate, frequency etc needed?

on the link below there are different net ids for some same locations. Why is this?
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/61348-amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial-4.html

You will need them to do a scan on cable, if there is more than one for your area
try each one in turn, until you get a full list of channels, it won't do any harm.

If you have an official virgin box you can get it from that.

You will need them to do a scan on cable, if there is more than one for your area
try each one in turn, until you get a full list of channels, it won't do any harm.

If you have an official virgin box you can get it from that.

No I haven't got the main box.

Oh ok, so net I'd just scans all the channels.

Seems a long process going through multiple net ids and scanning them.

Im a bit confused won't I get full cable channels from scanning one net id or will I have to scan all of them? Plus how would I know I have full list of channels?

For a pretty big city you will only have about three to choose from.

If you use the wrong one you will probably get nothing or just a few if your lucky

It should be pretty obvious if you have the right one

Have a look here

For a pretty big city you will only have about three to choose from.

If you use the wrong one you will probably get nothing or just a few if your lucky

It should be pretty obvious if you have the right one

Have a look here

I tried one net id from your link and it showed a lot of channels, so I assume I don't need to use any other net ids for the same location? Plus as it has got a lot channels, I assume I have all the channels right?

depends on your term of alot,what figure did it say when scan finished as then others could answer no 300 short lol:whistling:

How do I check the signal of channels to see how strong the signal is since splitting signal?

What would the correct figure be to determine what is a strong and weak signal coming into the box?

If you are on a cable channel press ok twice on the remote,
mine is 99%, bottom right

Cable scan only, shows 364 TV 37 Radio channels.

Last edited:
If you are on a cable channel press ok twice on the remote,
mine is 99%, bottom right

Cable scan only, shows 364 TV 37 Radio channels.

I haven't set up cable yet so can't say whether I got same amount of channels.

Wow that's awesome mate, 99% signal strength is impressive! your lucky mate lol.

How would I check signal strength on sat tuners?

You should still be able to scan on the cable side, they just won't clear
without a line.

Same way using one of the sat tuners.

0 snr agc 30 and yes in the info bar on ok clicked twice.

i lied now 31 lol

Signal-to-noise ratio, or SNR, is a measurement that describes how much noise is in the output of a device, in relation to the signal level. Every device has some amount of noise at its output.

HTML:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_gain_control

Last edited:
So what does the SNR and AGC meant to be to know it's a strong signal?

My numbers for both fluctuate so on some channels it's high on SNR and low on AGC and vice versa

So what does the SNR and AGC meant to be to know it's a strong signal?

Don't know exactly what they stand for but both of mine are 99%

Going back to KV they where both high 80's

So I guess the higher the better.

Whenever I try to change net id it keeps saying timeout for tuner lock.

I take it you get this during a scan, I would guess if it's timing out it would be a break in the internet connection while it's trying
to update AMB but as I say it's a guess so that where I would start looking to solve the problem.

I also got some PM's off you about people getting visits from VM engineers, I don't really know
anymore than what you have read on the thread so I'm really not in a position to comment.

I would keep an eye on the thread and see what develops.

Don't know exactly what they stand for but both of mine are 99%

Going back to KV they where both high 80's

So I guess the higher the better.

Whenever I try to change net id it keeps saying timeout for tuner lock.

I take it you get this during a scan, I would guess if it's timing out it would be a break in the internet connection while it's trying
to update AMB but as I say it's a guess so that where I would start looking to solve the problem.

I also got some PM's off you about people getting visits from VM engineers, I don't really know
anymore than what you have read on the thread so I'm really not in a position to comment.

I would keep an eye on the thread and see what develops.

As my figures are all over the place could this be also a reason why the internet is losing connection constantly due to the figures fluctuating?

I was getting the timeout even with internet being on. It doesnt make sense. I also kind find all the net ids listed only some.

Back