Help Needed tuning failed fatal

Novacblue

So got myself new H5.2tc yesterday installed ipab running spot on even the twin recording working great. But have come home from work all channels blank so done a rescan and just getting tuning failed fatal tried just running from 1 tuner (b) then (c) but same message. even flashed with wooshbuild but kkep getting the same massage everytime.

Did you disable the satellite tuner if it's not being used?

Tuning failed fatal is usually down to a tuner setup / cable issue.

You have to go to your setting and see if you have sly tunner is on if you only connected virmin feed then you have to switch sly off vise versa as ste mentioned.

Have done a fresh install of ipab disable tuner (A SAT) setup (B&C cable) tuners with my area ID then setup abm to my area and populate database and create virmin bouquets, then just keep getting the same massage tuning failed fatal

Just wondering if it might be a northwest issue, because a friend is setting up a H2 for southport at is and having the same issues with getting tuner lockout. And said hes never had a problem before today.

No, it's fine - has to be down to a tuner setup issue or cabling issue.

I have heard of people having issues with the iPab before on the H5.2TC - why not try using Wooshbuild and see how it goes.

Am just putting it down to dodgy tuners as I had it working till I come home from work and that's were the problems started. Have tried ipab/Wooshbuild and the latest open atv image still comes back with tuning failed. I know it's not my end as I borrowed a H2 ran a scan and picked up all the channels.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ive just had same problem myself with h2. working just fine came home from work and nothing. gone to scan for channels and it cant find any and says tuning failed fatal. im in the north west too, tried both wooshbuild and ipab

Where abouts in the north-west are you saltym? ... I haven't had a single issue with my box.

I'm in St Helens - all fine here... not doing any work in your area are they? this could cause problems.

no cause i have tivo upstairs in the bedroom brought it down to test and works fine. im thinking its just a failed tuner

ive emailed zgemma to return it as ive only had it 6 weeks. hopefuly they will replace it and solve the problem. it just sounded strange how someoe else has the same problem around this time

Well the H2 is an old, slow box these days but it should still work - they do have weaker tuners in them then the genuine tivo boxes though so the fact the tivo box is working ok doesn't mean too much.

Try checking signal levels via router if you can. Check tuner config too - make sure your net id is still in there.

I don't mean your internet speed - I mean signal levels... you need to log into your router to get these.

Are you on VM for your internet? It's under advanced settings > tools > network status on the left.

Check your Downstream power and snr and your upstream power.

That's not relevent - I need your downstream power and snr and upstream power ... post a screen shot if you'd prefer.

Back