Help needed with a newby Blade 7000s user

jadahunt

i'm new to all this so please forgive me if these seem stupid questions.

Issue 1

Can you use the Blade without having a lan cable attached ie, just use it to view free to air stuff ?

Issue 2

I have an old sky dish and I have tried to connect it to the blade 7000 but I receive nothing, now bear in mind that this dish is about 12 years old the LNB is a sharp single out put, do i need to upgrade the LNB with a new on in order to receive a signal ? especially if i want to view HD channels

issue 3 if you can use just a dish without an cable will i require a viewing card to view free to air programs such as bbc and itv

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

we are using the system in a caravan hence no LAN lead

Hello jadahunt,
Issue 1 - yes
Issue 2 - If it's old and in poor repair,would be a good idea to replace the lnb.You can get a new quad (4 port) one for £10-£15.
Issue 3 - No,you will be able to view all FTA channels just by connecting to the dish and doing a scan. No need for a viewing card.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Maff, got it sorted with the help from a sat finder, turns out the LNB supply needed to be 13v . i have done a scan and found a shed load of channels however 60% are $ id there a way to view or is this where the lan cable comes into play ??
just being greedy :whistling:

Back