HELP!! Openbox V8S - Just bought box and gift but nothing working

super*ger

Hi guys so i bought an openbox v8s with gift but it does not work. Its doing my head in. yes im new to all this but im small bit tech savvy. any help id appreciate it thanks

i have no channels at all!

Have a read, it should put you right.
View attachment 12837
Reaper.
Hi thanks for the file.. I'm pretty upto scratch now and managed to get the free to air channels thanks..

Now question about the server.. I have no camds client on my box. Is there a way to install it on it? I did a factory reset yesterday and it muSt have wiped it off but I did have it.

...Now question about the server.. I have no camds client on my box. Is there a way to install it on it? I did a factory reset yesterday and it muSt have wiped it off but I did have it.

If you have lost the camds setup option, go to menu > Network Local Settings & press 6666.

Download a program like Winrar or Winzip Press the blue writing in Reapers post above Extract the file to Documents on your computer, then open it

Here is the guide in full:-

A Dummies Guide
for
Setting Up A Skybox/Openbox/Libertview Satellite Receiver.

Requirements
Skybox/Openbx/Libertview Receiver. PC, USB Key,Ethernet cable,router,
Image file (.abs),channel list (.dbs),CCcam.cfg
Image file can be downloaded from SkyBox | SkyBox or Downloads
Channel list can be downloaded from techkings forum

Set the box up initially by attaching LNB cable from dish to LNB inlet on back of box [not to Loop inlet]
Attach ethernet cable from router to rear of box.
Connect TV to box yia HDMI lead.
Finally plug in box and power up [on front screen of box it will show LOAD--then L100--STRT--channel number]
Most new boxes are sold with up to date image firmware installed.and possibly an up to date channel list.
The TV screen will show the Skybox Logo then an on screen channel identity--if channel is a no show then press OK button on remote and locate a FTA channel from presented list.
FTA channel should now show--use exit button on remote to remove onscreen display.

Now you wish to watch those hidden encrypted channels which people pay hundreds of pounds to line the pockets of the Murdoch Mafia.
You need to purchase a "Line" which is a line of code from a payserver allowing access to the above mentioned channels. [this is illegal and known as cardsharing,but, everything we do nowadays is deemed illegal so what the heck--]
Put a request on the forum to obtain a test line before you buy as server quality and costs vary or PM me for details. [Don't buy gift from e-bay].

So you have your line---it sometimes comes as a ready made file or as a line of code.
If in fileform then you need to format a USB key to FAT32 via your PC and insert the file into the USB root.
If a line of code then put onto notepad and name as CCcam.cfg then save as ALL file. Now do as above and install on USB.
Now insert USB key into rear of box.

CLINE INSTALLATION
1: Go to main menu
2: Select Network
3: Select "CCcam Client Setup"
4: Select 'Update files by usb'
5: In new window, highlight 'CCcam.cfg', press green button on remote (ADD). This will place a tick by it, then press yellow button on remote (READ)
6: Once finished, select 'Manage Config Files' and on new window select cccam.cfg again
7: A new page comes up with your cline on it, press green button on remote to make it active (tick should appear by it) Exit out of all menus to tv and reboot box, select a pay channel.. it should clear, if not go back into menu, select Network, then 'Network Setup', and turn DHCP on and then click apply..
8: If channel still doesn't clear, reboot box and router by unplugging both from power and plugging back in (router first)
channel should now be showing---if not then you have either a dodgy line or a dodgy box---try another test line --if no go then return box as faulty.

CHANNEL LIST

Now check for channel list by pressing FAV on remote--if a favourite list appears then great, if not then download one to your pc from this forum then FORMAT32 a USB key and add the tp_prog.dbs file.

Now____to add the list to box. Press Menu on remote, and highlight ''TOOLS''
Select 'Upgrade by USB'
In new window, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'
Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'
A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press yellow button to upgrade
: There should now be a completed channel list on your box separated into categories eg 'movies', 'sports' entertainment etc etc
And now you can go to the pub in peace while she watches Eastenders or some womanly progs.

There are other bits to play with on these boxes but you learn as you go on.
Join a forum such as Techkings and get advice.
Use the net to learn more about these simple toys.

One last note---keep a back-up of your CCcam on file

The Reaper
[June 2014]

If this has helped you, then please click the THANKS button.

Last edited:
Hi desperate for a look at the dummies guide as at my wits end with the v8 open box... It's not as easy as I thought it would be

Hi, unfortunately being born a complete idiot, I reset my box to factory settings, I don't seem to have lost my channel list but they are not unlocked( I still have the free ones) from what I have read I need a new line? To install to get me going, is this correct? Also could someone recommend a good one to buy, and from where,many thanks Nel.

Good evening all. I have received an Openbox V8s as a present but cannot get any channels please could I access the Dummies Guide

---------- Post Merged at 10:40 PM ----------

I'm at my wits end with the OpenboxV8s. Can you get any channels? I'm just getting a screen stating no signal!

Do you have the sky feed in the lnb at the back? If yes you need channel update which is easy. Download it from the two most common sites unzip stick on a usb stick and upgrade the box.
Then add your connection, if you need any more help pm me. It takes 5 minn!

Back