HELP!! Openbox V8S - Just bought box and gift but nothing working

Thanks alot Guys its all up and running now --BIG THANKS TO (Benijofar) (Your The Man)

Thanks and Kind Regards andy8ukuk

Hi I'm not sure where to post this as I'm new to this and not the most technical of people when it comes to this stuff. I have a V8s openbox which I purchased around 7 months ago. All was working fine till around 3 months back so I just left it. I've now decided to cancel my virgin TV and sort my openbox out. I factory reset it as I was receiving no signal on every channel and nothing was working, i.e. Web tv, weather etc... but it was saying it was connected via Ethernet and had the green dot highlighted stating it was connected and it was also letting me download channel lists and firmware etc.. so I assumed it's connected to the internet? I paid someone to come out yesterday to look at my sky dish and align it and sort it thinking that was the problem (I originally thought this was the full problem), he sorted all that and I connected an old sky box up and it worked perfect... but when I connect my openbox nothing works, every channels has no signal and SNR10% on all channels. I purchased a gift yesterday and put it on the CCCam correctly and it's showing as online, I've also tried 2 older gifts I had which still had around 6 months remaining on them, but still nothing.

Would really appreciate any help as I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort this and can't understand what the problem is or if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks guys

Hi I'm not sure where to post this as I'm new to this and not the most technical of people when it comes to this stuff. I have a V8s openbox which I purchased around 7 months ago. All was working fine till around 3 months back so I just left it. I've now decided to cancel my virgin TV and sort my openbox out. I factory reset it as I was receiving no signal on every channel and nothing was working, i.e. Web tv, weather etc... but it was saying it was connected via Ethernet and had the green dot highlighted stating it was connected and it was also letting me download channel lists and firmware etc.. so I assumed it's connected to the internet? I paid someone to come out yesterday to look at my sky dish and align it and sort it thinking that was the problem (I originally thought this was the full problem), he sorted all that and I connected an old sky box up and it worked perfect... but when I connect my openbox nothing works, every channels has no signal and SNR10% on all channels. I purchased a gift yesterday and put it on the CCCam correctly and it's showing as online, I've also tried 2 older gifts I had which still had around 6 months remaining on them, but still nothing.

Would really appreciate any help as I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort this and can't understand what the problem is or if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks guys

Even FTA channels? You defo have the sat feed in lnb yeah and not loop

Thanks guys

I had the same problem myself with 2 boxes no fta channels either..there still just sitting there .if anyone has any idea to wats wrong would love to hear from ya

I've honestly been trying with it for about 3 days now and still no further forward. Tempted to just buy a new box but this one was working perfectly fine, my sky dish was the problem before

No it's just an old sky hd box which is no longer in us. Will check if it's on Astra 28.2

---------- Post Merged at 07:26 PM ----------

The one I've got selected is SKY UK 28A E28.2

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ----------

image.jpgThis is all I'm getting

No signal message is usually a connection problem between the dish and box, or the dish is out of wack.

Maybe the tuner is knackered on the box. Can you try it at a mates ?

Try it on SD channels not HD, what do you get on BBC 1 (SD) ?

Last edited:
Same thing on SD no signal and SNR10% box is working fine as paid someone to sort it yesterday and re-align it. Perfect picture when I link sky box to it so fish is definitely ok. What I do find strange is that every web to channel has 0 Kb/s in the bottom left corner, but from time to time it does pick up a bit? Right now it's working fine on web to channel Amazing Facts TV, so it's obviously receiving internet for me to pick this up? Could it possibly be the gift despite me only just buying it yesterday?

No, you will get FTA channels regardless of the gift, if the box was picking up the signal from
your dish.

You would then get "scrambled" message if it was a gift problem.

It is beginning to sound like that, try it at a mates, see if you get FTA channels
that will give you a good indication

Took the box to my dads and is working perfect there. I'm thinking it's the Ariel cables from the sat dish at my house that are the problem? But sky channels 1,2,3,4,5 were working when connected with the same cable wires so im not sure? But the box 100% is not the problem

Back