help please, atv software update

No1uKnOw

hey looking for some advice, I ran software update 86 updates in total atv 5.3 woosh old build v4
its bricked my box i think, only boot appearing on display, usb with my back up image keeps repeating usb update on display
i am puzzled, do i need to do anything? or reflash from scratch?

all help much thanks:)

I would just reflash to be honest pal, im sure the backup image can only work if you are on your box to perform the restore backup,
so if it is stuck in boot i carnt see a way to get back on it.
have you got a backup of your current line?

I managed to get my back up too boot in and flash[Thank god]
think it just needed telling a few times:)

line was backed up yes
will try new woosh beta now thanks for help, i have a few boxes but never seen it stick in boot for so long, might have been usb stick corrupted files thanks again

I know you've sorted it, but if you ever see USB on the front of the box when trying to flash, all it means is you need to hit the silver button on the front - its a feature which stops the box flashing automatically if you reboot and forget it's plugged in.

If you look on the USB stick you'll see a file thats either called force or noforce. If it's force the box will automatically flash. noforce requires the silver button to be pressed - you can simply rename the file to change the behaviour.

Back