HELP!! Problems on cable

connect4pro

I was wondering if anybody could help diagnose some picture quality issues I am having with cable. I am getting vertical lines pixelating the picture every few seconds. The image and sound can judder but never freeze and the problem happens more on some channels more than others. I don't get any problems on my satellite feeds and I have tried a different test line. HDMI cables have been changed.

Technomate nano 3t combo connect to LAN with Ethernet.( I have no problems with sat feeds)
latest openvix
nline on mgcamd1.38
100mbps VM internet working 100%

Thanks

20160423_062305_zpshsac2zvn.jpg

I was wondering if anybody could help diagnose some picture quality issues I am having with cable. I am getting vertical lines pixelating the picture every few seconds. The image and sound can judder but never freeze and the problem happens more on some channels more than others. I don't get any problems on my satellite feeds and I have tried a different test line. HDMI cables have been changed.

Technomate nano 3t combo connect to LAN with Ethernet.( I have no problems with sat feeds)
latest openvix
nline on mgcamd1.38
100mbps VM internet working 100%

Thanks

View attachment 17232
sounds like it could be the tuner,dont know if these boxes have weak tuners or not ,but try a signal booster ,or fined out if you virgin line is a good strength .

The problem happens on fta channels also. channels 100 - 120 and bad and channels 501 on have no problems at all.
box has a hdd, flash usb and has been re-flashed several times.
SNR 89% and AGC44%

Check all your VM feed cables are nice and tight, try without a splitter to see just for testing purposes, is your netid correct? Have you ran a full scan.....it does look like a signal issue, do you have any unterminated connections?

OK I think i have lead a on the problem. downloading anything causes the picture to brake up. this there any way the signal the vm hub puts on the coax can interfere with the tv signal. I am guessing yes buy how do i solve it. Dowload test still givw 104/6mbps.
Thanks

How have you setup the splitter? I've placed mine in the white box that's inside my house where the cable goes to the router
20160318_122213.jpg

should splift after isolater anything hits that line your screwed and i seen photos of what it does bye bye tv and box and dont lose any signal on it and how did the virgin guy not put it where hole already was coyboy lol

Last edited:
So are you saying after that pic before router?

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 AM ----------

There was no hole already there if you mean where the leads are coming out at the bottom that's my sat cable

yes after isolater its a surge protector ive seen a street car hit lamppost live cables hit line hit virgun cabs and amplifers blew most in street up

The splitter is all set up correctly after the surge protector. This is defiantly a problem with the internet frequency interfering with the tv frequency. Anybody know how to cure this?

I have connected up the cable in the following manner.

................................................./ Superhub
VM Surge Protection---Splitter----
.................................................\Technomate

I have used 5m of CT100 duel screened cable to extend one leg to the Technomate near the TV. I have re-terminated all the F connections but am still getting the interference form Broadband on the TV. All devices are hard wired with cat6 cable and wireless is switched off on router.

Please can any body help as his is doing my nut in and the kids/wife are starting to get the hump.
Could this be a problem with terminating the screen shield on both ends of the cable?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Its certainly not the Technomate 3T i owned one for a while and it has an extremely sensitive panasonic tuner, Please post the Upstream and downstream values from your advanced router settings

Hi. Ive had similar problems with pixilation. I changed my splitter from a 5-2500htz to a 5-1000 htz and it did the trick.

Your power levels and signal RxMER are fine a couple are below the -7 ideal but should still be fine, looks like its a cable interference issue somewhere

If you have a 2500 splitter its this that will be causing it. Cable engineers always use 1000.

Thank you very much with this, sorted now, I relay don't think I would have sorted this on my own.

What splliter to use with Virgin media? do not use a 5- 2500 mhz. Always use a 5-1000 mhz.

peace out Homies...

Back