HELP!! red flashing light on blade

flump1970

hi all, i switched my blade bm7000s on this morning and all i got was a red flashing light on the front panel? ive searched for an answer and could only find to re-install the firmware via the engineers menu, unfortunately when i hold down the menu button and turn on it wont enter the engineers menu, it just stays at the red flashing light? is there any other way to access this menu? or does anyone have any other suggestions? im pulling my hair out here! lol cheers in advance for any help, its greatly appreciated.

Ive had to do this twice, and it works. Turn of the box at the switch on the back.. hold in the middle button on the front of the box.... keep it held in and switch the box on again at the back of the box WHILE STILL HOLDING the middle button until the blue boot up screen shows on the tv. Try option 1.

thanks both but nothing happens when i try the reset i turn it off, hold down middle button and turn back on while still holding down button, it just keeps giving me the red flashing light i dont even get to see the engineers menu to do a factory reset? is there any other way of performing a factory reset? cheers for your help again!

Thanks HiTeck but apparently its a common problem with the old firmware and the blade! i should of put new firmware on before this happened, i cant get past the red flashing light to get to the engineers menu? do you think i would be able to force a re-flash via the rs232/com port? thanks again for the help guys!

Give it a try with the loader which you can get here

Code:
http://www.blademedia.tv/files/bm7000s/STBTool.exe

cheers hiteck just had to go buy the cable to do it, gotta go a friends and try it cause got no com port on my laptop, will let you know how i get on? thanks everyone for help/suggestions.

well i tried to reflash via the rs232 and it didnt work, it kept telling me to "connect and turn on reciever" which i had already done? so i guess it is some kind of hardware fault? im absolutely gutted, And a word of warning to others with the blade = apparently its a common problem if youre running the old firmware! so put the latest october firmware on it ASAP. so now as much as i love the picture quality on the blade can anyone reccomend another cheap HD box? whats the dreambox dm800HD like? compared to the blade? cheers again for all help advice.

That can be a connection failure, are you sure you have the correct cable also have you tried flashing it with a PC that has XP installed.

yeah its a "null modem" cable 9pin female to 9pin female, ive just been reading it could be a timing issue? i.e = restart the blade then restart the computer? also lower the speed settings of com port? is this correct? comp is running xp btw. im worried that no power is not getting past that red flashing light to the com port thus comp not picking it up? cheers for all your help hiteck.

Also try starting the loader then switching on at the mains the blade, yeah slowing the speed down on the com ports may help.

Failing that can it be sent back to supplier?.

cheers again hiteck will try it later i gotta take it all back round a friends house to try it, i found a guy on e-bay selling them and went to collect in person paid abit extra to have cline already installed, phoned him yesterday and is phones constantly off surprise surprise lol if this dont work have you any knowledge of the openbox s9? its HD and @ £72 thinking might be worth a try? ive now got 2 Nlines that are redundant so need a new reciever asap!

Never used a s9, there's a few members on here well up on them and there's a dedicated forum in TK on them, best of luck with what you decide to go with, best of luck with the blade!.

Dont dump the box mate, a fix may come. Ive read of others with the same problem as you, so hopefully some brainy sod will sort it.

i tried again today and it still says no com port available, it wont let me enter device manager to change the bitrate of the port but its an old computer that hasnt been used for years and it wont display the windows update site? (might have a virus?) so i might do a fresh install of winXP and try again tonight? fingers crossed?

ok so i done a clean install of XP on the comp, updated and installed .net framework and tried again! stb program finds the firmware file but when i press connect it says "connect your reciever and turn on" so i am guessing my box is bricked?? dont seam to be getting power through board to com port? hope someone else has got an idea? or after being the proud owner of a 2 week old starview doorstop i am now also the proud owner of a 2 month old blade doorstop!

Back