Help Remote Control Not Working

hogie-89

Im having a problem with my VU+ Solo 2, last night I came home and the control will not work. I changed the batteries and verified that the control is working by using my camera phone.

The only way to turn on/off the box is by turning off the power, when the box comes back on, the control will work for 5sec max and then just stops working again.

Anyone else have the same problem before or any ideas on what I could do to solve it without re-flashing the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the app but it keeps saying connection failed when I try connect to the box. I managed the get into the settings of the openwebIF plugin and everything is as it should be so I don't know why it's not connecting.

any wifi or other stuff to hinder signal in that room ,all other remotes dont have button stuck?

Use the manual configuration and put it box IP address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cactikid- thanks for your reply. yes the wifi router is beside the box but it has been like that for the last year and no problems until now.I don't think it's an interferance problem because the control works perfectly for the first five seconds after turning the box on and then nothing.

Tich - ye still won't connect using the manual config. Am I right in saying that if I type the boxes Ip into my web browser something should come up about the box?

When I do it now it says server cannot be reached

On the Vu app you should be able to just manually type in box IP address and join make sure you have openwebif download from plugins make sure it's the Vu app and not the HD version should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you typed in correct net id into pc browser it should connect with box,if not have you run network test?

or box and router need a reboot as you only have a blank screen?

Rebooted the modem and box but the app still won't work. The app just freezes when I press done using the manual config.

I borrowed a friends remote control from his Vu solo mini but it didn't work, I don't think its compatible.

I'm starting to pull my hair out now with it. I don't want to buy a new control for it to turn out its a problem with the box but I might just have to buy one, to rule it in or out.

I brought the box to a guy that sells them and we figured out that in fact the box is a clone. :(

So I'm going to have to re-flash the box to fix the problem, but trouble is to find a flash that won't brick my box.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I brought the box to a guy that sells them and we figured out that in fact the box is a clone. :(

So I'm going to have to re-flash the box to fix the problem, but trouble is to find a flash that won't brick my box.

Thanks everyone for the help!

this sorted my issue - many thanks

Back