Help with Channels No internet only satellite

Hi All and happy Christmas

I have a friend who lives in the country side with absolutely no internet. How ever he does have plenty of space for satellite dishes etc. Appreciating the fact that this must have been discussed before and not knowing the lingo can you

1. Explain to me as simple as possible how to go about getting the max amount of English speaking ( or foreign channels in English with foreign subtitles) channels with a satellite system. Some people have suggested motorised some have suggested two standard sat dishes pointing at two satellites

2. Point me to or explain how to search on the forum for information relating.

Thank you kindly your help is appreciated

Hi All and happy Christmas

I have a friend who lives in the country side with absolutely no internet. How ever he does have plenty of space for satellite dishes etc. Appreciating the fact that this must have been discussed before and not knowing the lingo can you

1. Explain to me as simple as possible how to go about getting the max amount of English speaking ( or foreign channels in English with foreign subtitles) channels with a satellite system. Some people have suggested motorised some have suggested two standard sat dishes pointing at two satellites

2. Point me to or explain how to search on the forum for information relating.

Thank you kindly your help is appreciated
Even with motorised mate I think he would need Internet for a euro line but could be wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28°E

https://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/
internet can add many more with a line.
It also depends where you live and the arc of a moving dish to what you can get.

Thank you all. I should have explained a little more of my knowledge. For example I know he can stick a sat dish up and get the fta ones at 28.2 which are mainly English and ok able but what I am also wondering can another this be sat up and pointing to say 11.2 (which I know prob does not exist) and he will get English stations but will also get german and French stations that show English movies and say English sports even though it might be subtitled with the language of the country the dish is receiving if you catch me. Again thank you all for your help

Back