Help with file attachements

Hi
I have been sent cccam.cfg, and enigma2-softcams-cccam I have them in email as attchment, can anyone tell me what I do next or is there a step by step guide please?

Hi, I transferred files to USB, put USB into box, it said files were "done no errors" but still cant see "softcam panel" we also restarted box, what did I do wrong?

Has the softcams been sent to you in the .ipk format, if so m8, then how did you load them to the box ??

Yes I see what you are saying,it does softcams is ipk, , ccam file is cfg (.cfg) but I stupidly thought It was just a case of putting USB into box, so I have the files on USB can you please help me to go to next step, I feel like giving up because I dont really get all this techie stuff.

Put the softcam file on to a usb stick, put it into the back of the box[ if you are running a hard drive for recordings then remove it ] Got to the menu, and find the Install local extensions within the menu system, then start to follow what is in front of you, look for your usb stick, then the file thats in it, once you see it, tick it, then install it, reboot the box, then go look for the softcams...

Okay all, been on most of the afternoon, I now have IPK files in "temp" shows as enigma2 file size 1,658,632 when I try to install I get error messages saying cannot install, refusing to load, unknown package temp enigma2 softcams.
using file zilla

once the ipk is in tmp folder, on the remote, press menu>setup>software management> ipkg install
choose /tmp as location
put a tick in softcam feed ipk
click green

"once the ipk is in tmp folder, on the remote, press menu>setup>software management> ipkg install"

I get this far but
IPK install option is not showng there

Think i might have asked what type of box and image is in use,openvix softcams are downloaded from feeds.

"Okay all, been on most of the afternoon, I now have IPK files in "temp" shows as enigma2 file size 1,658,632 when I try to install I get error messages saying cannot install, refusing to load, unknown package temp enigma2 softcams.
using file zilla
"

I maybe should have said when i posted the above post, at the start of the error message there is a small icon that looks like a jigsaw piece , dont know if that helps

which version of openatv?6.1, 6.2, 6.3, they're all different
do you have wooshbuild or grogbuild installed over the openatv?

ok find softcam feed 4.3 in resources and download/unzip it.
drag it to tmp in filezilla (after it's unzipped - don't drag the rar/zip file into tmp)
go to software management>ipkg install or it may say install local extensions.
choose tmp
highlight the package and click green

Thanks all went as you said no problem it said it had was done , but when I go to Menu , software management its not there (did unzip file but I must be doing something wrong) I can use still IPTV and provider said he will set up box for me but as line still 4/5 months to go I will wait until then, because it will have to be sent away. Will make do till them, thanks to all for trying to help me.

You don't need to send the box anywhere.
I'm in Merseyside and I've just configured a box in Glasgow from my armchair and two yesterday in Wolverhamptoon and Stevenage

Back