Help with 'freezing' issues

score1_uk

Hi all, my provider is ********** and during the match today my screen froze 14 times in all from between 5-10 secs each time. I have upgraded my box from a f5s to a technomate tm twin to see if that would sort the issue but it hasnt. I have a wired connection to my router and ran a speed test at 10mb down and 1mb up.

I went with this provider based on word of mouth as was ment to be free from these sort of issues. I have emailed the provider but not had a reply. Im wondering if it would be a problem at my end? If its a provider issue would a Nline be a better option for me?

Cheers....

Last edited:
Not much different between nline and cline. if your provider is over subing then you will have freezing and glitch problems with whatever you use. Your broadband and box speeds are well within the requirements so no issue at your end.

you could always test some testlines to see if there is any better options. but you may still get the same problem when there are big event games are matches, as everyone wants to watch the same channel putting the cards under pressure.

You could try to downgrade your ccam to version 2.1 if you are using version 2.3 as there have been issue's with this on some server providers. may help.

Last edited:
No line supplier is perfect, you can pay massive about of money and still get the odd freezing. It may not be down to your line supplier either, bad weather does affect the signal from the satellite to your dish and even when I had sky I noticed signal problems especially when it rains alot and strong winds (like today). Just see how your box does over the next few days and wait for a reply.

Also like leader says big events tend to slam line servers so you do get issues as every-man and his dog want to watch the big game.

Score 1 please edit your post (no server names please ) N lines do work better than clines nlines work even better in the Mg camd set up

I took a test line with this supplier because many users were saying they were very good. I noticed that the ecm times were very high, higher than my current supplier. And during the evening it got worse with some channels also glitching. When I had the test line I compared the ecm times with my current supplier and on the same channel there was a lot of difference in times. E.g: ss1 was 130ms on current supplier and 360ms on the test line supplier. (Both tests were run on mgcamd, enigma 2 box)

At a guess I believe they COULD be over subscribed or that they are using re shares instead of local cards. Again that's my guess which could be completely wrong.

As a side note, you do definitely get the odd freeze here and there but it should not be consistent. I had one during the Chelsea game and one during the United game but that's all. These tend to last 8-10 seconds normally and are caused by bad cw's because everyone is hammering that channel/server.

Last edited:
Back