" help with installing smart tv on a sony smart [ not android ] tv

brokenback

sorry for the long boring post,but im stumped.my mate has been up our house on a few occasions and watching the iptv that i have running through my samsung tv,he wanted to get it for himself and asked my opinion, i told him i only buy samsung tv,s, as they seem to last us so he enquired about the smart tv app & i, told him i would show him how to put it on a samsung tv, a week later he comes up to tell me he has bought a SONY smart tv & could i put the smart tv app on for him,i have looked & i cannot find it on his tv it does not show up in any searches i have done so far,so can it be installed on a new 43" sony smart tv ??? & if so how do you do it ???
the app screen has a app called ss iptv,but i dont know how to use it does ANYONE have any knowledge of this ,can it be used to install a m3u file + how it can be done, as i feel guilty even though i told him to buy a samsung tv,he always gets sony,s any help would be great cheers.

I would install the app and take it from there. Your mate would doubtless want to try a few tests initially and as you know, if the new Sony behaves like a Samsung smart TV all he will have to do is give his MAC address to the IPTV supplier. Good Luck!
Keith

I'm sure you can find a guide to install the ss iptv app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies,,but i know how to use the smart iptv app it,s just not available on the new sony tv my mate has bought,so im no further forward,,i have d/loaded a smart iptv apk,does anyone know if this will work on a normal sony tv [ not android ] and i have looked all over youtube but i cannot find any help for ss iptv that is in english,can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone know of a guide for ss iptv in english .cheers .

There is a few apps available, smart IPTV , ssiptv are popular ones.
Stb emulator is available on some TV's
Usually set up instructions are provided with the app. (A link to a website)

I'll make it clear straightaway that I'm no expert, but in the original post you state that "The app screen has a app called ss iptv" which surely suggests that the TV is capable of receiving IPTV!?

Is this app installed? What happens if you open it? Surely this is the first route to go down?

As a slight aside I can confirm that the current Hisense smart TV's accommodate IPTV-set up I found very similar to the Samsung and for some reason you don't even have to pay the 5 odd Euros activation fee!!
Keith

The Sony non Android tvs have a fairly limited selection when it comes to IPTV apps.

I think your only option in the Opera store would be OTT Player. There may be another few added since I last checked but I can confirm that apps like Smart Iptv, Smart Stb and STBEmu are not an option.

Back