Help with MGCAMD

Hi folks,

So basically I've just set-up my Gigablue cable and satellite box. Everything works great, however, I cannot seem to get my cable line working in mgcamd. It works fine in CCcam but in mgcamd it refuses to work.

The satellite line on the other hand, works fine in both cccam and mgcamd.

I don't mind using cccam for both but the problem is I cant record on a cable line and watch another satellite channel if I use cccam. Threfore, I really need mgcamd to work with my cable as well as my satellite.

Any help would be really appreciated.

think you need to install it through oscam. look online for cccam to oscam converter (it has n line option as well) when it has saved the oscam.server file just swap it with the one on your box via ftp (obviously make sure oscam is installed first) and then activate the oscam softcam on your box. good luck

So I've just converted my cccam cable line to an oscam server file. Would you know where to save this oscam server file if you are using vix?

i have only done it with amiko boxes and the oscam folder was in the emu folder. check keys folder and see if it is there, like i said am not too sure about vix, make sure you refresh the ftp folders after you installed oscam so they show

i created the oscam server and oscam.user file to the right path but when trying to start oscam it says that i have not setup the files? Which oteher files does oscam need? Sorry for all the questions, Im just desperate to sort this issue

you dont need the .user file as you are setting it up as a server. press the blue button, softcams, install softcams, select the ipk, not just the bin file

---------- Post Merged at 07:10 PM ----------

i have jut checked and mgcamd should work on its own, best to install mgcamd (think the latest is 1.38) reboot box after installing, ftp box, copy your newcamd.list with your n line in it to the usr/keys folder, reboot box, press blue, softcams, mgcamd, make sure it is active and should work, you can then uninstall cccam and oscam

no the problem is that I have installed the oscam ipk and it shows in the softcam manager, but it wont start because it says the config needs to be configured? I dont even have a config file to actually configure so I dont understand how it can ask me to config?

I managed to solve the problem guys! Its just all about knowing that in order for oscam to work, you need config files for it which can easily be found on the forum! Then do as crmorris says and download a cccam to oscam converter and you're in business! Thanks all :)

Back