Help with setup for H2 or H2H from scratch

Tee2017

Hi There, new to this forum. Am thinking of getting either a Zgemma H2 or Zgemma H2H. My current setup is: Sky Dish --> Skybox F5S <-- Virmin Med Cable internet. This setup is working fine. I wanted to get the HD channels back like slysports, B3 sports, etc and believe I need either of the two boxes. I can see they retails around the £80 mark, wanted to know how ti setup.

So, if I am correct, would it I require a splitter connected to the VM which would then go into router and another into the H2/H2H. Would I need anything else??

I have read that i need the netID, but do not know how to get this as do not have any T1V0 or TV package just internet. Is there a step by step guide for my requirements? Maybe a youtube video or something?

Also I just want to view VM HD channels, so is Zgemma H2 sufficient, is there any alternatives? also if 4K an option anywhere?

Many thanks

You will find the H2 to be much slower. If the budget stretches at least get the H2H.

4k boxes start at around £180 I believe but don't expect 4K channels. Most buy it for local media playback and processor speed.

Search YouTube you may find something on there. It's not massively different to setting up sky

Ok will go for the H2H then. Never actually setup my skybox f5s as was already done. This will be new for me.

In a nutshell, can you outline the steps in maybe bullet points, thanks

brilliant just checking link too, finally are there any alternatives to the H2H for what I want to achieve or is this the only one

Was the Link i sent about the F connector correct?

Your link was for a splitter. Look for 1 with a frequency of 5mhz to 1000mhz

Plenty of boxes out there depends on your budget. There's a thread on the forum regarding best boxes.

Hi There, new to this forum. Am thinking of getting either a Zgemma H2 or Zgemma H2H. My current setup is: Sky Dish --> Skybox F5S <-- Virmin Med Cable internet. This setup is working fine. I wanted to get the HD channels back like slysports, B3 sports, etc and believe I need either of the two boxes. I can see they retails around the £80 mark, wanted to know how ti setup.

So, if I am correct, would it I require a splitter connected to the VM which would then go into router and another into the H2/H2H. Would I need anything else??

I have read that i need the netID, but do not know how to get this as do not have any T1V0 or TV package just internet. Is there a step by step guide for my requirements? Maybe a youtube video or something?

Also I just want to view VM HD channels, so is Zgemma H2 sufficient, is there any alternatives? also if 4K an option anywhere?

Many thanks
If your looking to set your box up from scratch you could always use TK member dangerous's guide OpenATV Set Up Guide or if your looking for a back up image have a look in the download section as there a few in there that will suit your new receiver.

tbh I just want to buy a receiver and get it working the easiest possible way. If that means using a backup image then thats fine. This is the first time I am attempting this so really a complete novice on this

Also i am only getting the H2H as someone mentioned this will work for cable, if there are other which will also work for HD cable on Virgin an cheaper can you let me know

Just stick to h2h as nbath suggested and look in the download section at the top of the forum and you'll be sorted.

Back