Hide my box from broadband supplier

gresco66

Hi there all
My broadband supplier (vm) can view all devices connected to internet either hard wired or wi~fi which includes my zgemma.
Is there any way I can hide my zgemma box from vm
It may sound a stupid question but if vm know what devices are being used via internet then they will know the capabilities of these devices,its only a thought
Thanks

Yeah several ways. Firstly you can rename the box on your network. Your best bet is a VPN. Google them if you don't know what they are but in essence your traffic will be moved through a VPN service "masking" it from VM. Perfectly legal service and as long as they are around. The internet will never be policed. You want to look for zero log VPN's....then you know for sure you aren't monitored. Decent ones set you back about a fiver a month.

Thanks
Yeah several ways. Firstly you can rename the box on your network. Your best bet is a VPN. Google them if you don't know what they are but in essence your traffic will be moved through a VPN service "masking" it from VM. Perfectly legal service and as long as they are around. The internet will never be policed. You want to look for zero log VPN's....then you know for sure you aren't monitored. Decent ones set you back about a fiver a month.
Thanks for that useful info will have a look

You could always put another router after the VM router, they can only "see" devices on they're own router not say a netgear cable router after the VM [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back