1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Court ordered BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin to block Premier League stream servers

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by Speedygonzal, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Speedygonzal

Speedygonzal Member

Today the High Court apparently ordered Britain’s top four broadband providers BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to block connections to the servers that host pirated streams of Premier League matches.

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...oves-premier-league-crackdown-kodi-streaming/

I presume the order is in relation to IPTV rather than sat.

Given the crackdown on the retail of fully loaded Kodi boxes is of questionable consequence to anybody who wants one, as long as they have some technical ability or mail order from abroad, regarding today's ruling, I wonder:

1) whether other broadband providers (e.g. Origin) will carry on as usual?
    2) whether servers that stream other contents (movies, shows, live or recorded) also always streamed Premier League matches, resulting in those media also becoming seriously restricted by these 4 broadband providers?
    3) if vpn is used how can a broadband provider detect the use of and therefore block a server?

Cheers!

rjj01 and grandad1945 like this.
  2. Rooster#1

Rooster#1 Member

Itll stop the sheep viewing... but with a little savvy easily defeated - problem is all the ebay and gumtree delboys flogging firestick as a replacement to sky :mad:

rapture_ni, lancable and bangord30 like this.
  3. trickpaul

trickpaul Member

Live stuff maybe, on demand stuff no. They will have their bots ready at 3pm Saturday, but they don't know when you will watch movies/TV shows. As for vpn, at the moment they will hit the non vpn users first. But think about it if the premier league are forcing Providers to do this, maybe their not that bothered what you do as long as you pay your bills, after all skly/bt don't have 3pm kick offs. And I if the provider gets too heavy handed end users will go to smaller providers who are not forced to do stuff, counter productive for the big boys

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

bangord30 likes this.
  4. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

it was only a matter of time before xbmc/kodi got out of hand as other comments said it was just a good thing then people started to be stupid by saying stuff like fully loaded boxes free s/y sports movies instead of learning yourself about installing repo,s its been installed for you and now its nearly killed off kodi

rjj01 likes this.
  5. lancable

lancable T K Veteran Forum Supporter

one word guys after this ______greed

we all no what goes on but some can not help them self
    adverts will be the downfall

ianw314 likes this.
  6. lancable

lancable T K Veteran Forum Supporter

and i will add more all the downfall for we at all do

7. trickpaul

trickpaul Member

Exactly, it makes me angry when you see people selling builds or mods that are free on the net!

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

rjj01 likes this.
  8. j4v3d

j4v3d VIP Member

If they get money for something you can get for free, nothing will stop them from selling it as long as they get buyers. People will still continue on buying it.

GoldBar likes this.
  9. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

some people have no option but to buy loaded boxes as they are not teck savey

10. teamwilly

teamwilly Member

I don't post much but my 2 pence worth is if you advertise free tv then you spoil it for everyone also on facebook people as stupid question like what the best movies were can i find this football match instead of looking

11. sleepy1958

sleepy1958 Member

Its all out there you just have to look for it, not rocket science.
    This just smacks of "big brother is watching you", but not difficult to work around.

12. Phill-karaoke

Phill-karaoke Member

Hi new to the site, but not the problem, ever since file sharing began the industry has done everything it can to close the avenue off, and every time they close the door.................. another one opens, simple fact is if media industry was not so greedy and priced everything within reach of everyone then more people would be happy to pay, it drives me crazy every time "THEY" upgrade their hardware they hike up the cost, happened with HD, 3D and now 4K, fact is these formats are part of the norm and as such should be out there at no extra cost as "THEY SHOULD" be provided as standard as it helps them sell their product, i wish there was more than one satellite provider and more cable suppliers as this would force Sky and Virgin into bringing their product into a more realistic price range and not over £100 a month to cover all formats to the viewer.

mbull and andyhaslem like this.