Home networking plugs and fire tv

Ron 58

Hi am about to buy a Fire tv box so the wife can watch her box sets etc but will need to connect it to my bt homehub with a home networking plug as I can't hard wire it. Is there any point in getting a 1200+ spec one or am I wasting my money and be ok with a 500 spec ?

500mbps is fine for streaming and to be honest your network will never reach speeds of that throughout even with gigabit ports enabled.
There are technomate homeplugs on Amazon for around £20

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, but you do have to factor in whatever else you're streaming and going through your local home network.
I have a gigabit network at home but the reality with home plugs i am getting 300mbps throughput.
Get the 500 homeplugs and measure the speed from them with supplied software and you will see it for yourself .
Also is the Ethernet port on your 4k box gigabit ?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

500mbps will be fine however the speed you'll see will depend on a number of factors. The electric cables in your walls, the Ethernet cables, the homeplugs you use etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I got my TP Link ones so the market will have changed. What I would say is check the Amazon reviews and get ones that do AC passthrough [emoji1360]

I think this is what I am using albeit a newer version

TP-Link TL-PA4010P KIT V2.20 AV600 600 Mbps Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug - Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G5Q9E0O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6GkoybMBJEN1T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back