Homebrew Wine help

Hi
does anyone here make home brew wine ?
I am looking for help to keep the brew @ the right Temp. while fermenting.
I seen these on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TopBrewing®-Heat-Belt-Fermentation-Temperature/dp/B07648QMKX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1520600090&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=brew+belt&psc=1
and this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-H...&pf_rd_p=14f91171-0541-58ad-938b-3aec945f4cb7

wondered if anyone has had experience of any of the above , and if so what one would be best.
thanx in advance
cheers

Neither of them have a thermostat so you have to continually monitor / move them about otherwise the wine just gets hotter.
Not required really unless you are using a garage / shed / unheated cellar for your demijhons, I always just put mine in the boiler cupboard or an airing cupboard when I had a water cylinder back when I used to make wine
Room temp of 16C - 22C is ample
If you are using a shed / garage, you might be better to look at reptile heatmats, these aren't cheap but they do have thermostats

Neither of them have a thermostat so you have to continually monitor / move them about otherwise the wine just gets hotter.
Not required really unless you are using a garage / shed / unheated cellar for your demijhons, I always just put mine in the boiler cupboard or an airing cupboard when I had a water cylinder back when I used to make wine
Room temp of 16C - 22C is ample
If you are using a shed / garage, you might be better to look at reptile heatmats, these aren't cheap but they do have thermostats

hi thanx for replying
pabloescaban
my brew temp. sits between
16C - 22C but although it ferments away my alcohol gravity level does not seem to reduce very much @ mo., seems to have stopped although it bubbles away
cheers

If it's bubbling, it's fermenting, and if it's fermenting, it's producing alcohol.
What's the hydrometer saying?

when i prepared the brew it was 118 (if that makes sense) its now 70, but its been @ 70 for 5days

118? - how much sugar did you start with? - by my reckoning that's almost 3lbs?
if it's been at 70 for 5 consecutive days, it's probably finished

Ah, I was looking at an online calcuator which said 3lbs to make it 118, but this is without other ingredients, my bad

checked it again its still sweet and fell to 60 so must still be fermenting will leave it and see what happens,
so u dont think i will need anything for heat ?
thanx

I never did when I made my wine, just got left in a warmish place, boiler cupboard in winter and just a spare bedroom in summer, out of direct sunlight

Back