Hotpoint Tumble Dryer Safety Issue

I hope you don't mind, but I changed your thread title to reflect the fact that this is a Hotpoint issue, If people have a hotpoint and see that word in the title, they may be more likely to read this useful thread.

Wheelo

every dryer out there except the clothesline,has the possibility of fluff coming into contact with the heating element.by there very design,allowing air flow,they also allow lint particles to circulate.if enough collects you can have a fire.its a really good idea to clean your dryer once a year to mitigate this scenario.even cleaning your lint filter after every load will help.had a sears dryer catch on fire once.not a lot of fun,just lucky i had a handtruck to throw it on so i could fire it down the back stairs.

Had this issue. Gave me the option to upgrade to a new machine for £49. Bargain! My old machine was about 6 years old. New machine comes with 1 year warranty. They delivered and picked up old machine! Alternative they are offering as they have a big backlog on repairs

every dryer out there except the clothesline,has the possibility of fluff coming into contact with the heating element.by there very design,allowing air flow,they also allow lint particles to circulate.if enough collects you can have a fire.its a really good idea to clean your dryer once a year to mitigate this scenario.even cleaning your lint filter after every load will help.had a sears dryer catch on fire once.not a lot of fun,just lucky i had a handtruck to throw it on so i could fire it down the back stairs.
Can anyone tell me how to get into the machine to clean it?? I live on a small reasonably remote island, and they won't fix mine!!

Back