Cable How do i get started

Hi all,

It's been ages since i've done anything like this. Just bought my father H7C and I seriously dont know what do to next. It's been ages but i want to get him up and running.

Any pointers on how to get started, good literature or places i should look for nice software?

firstly you'll need a build flashing onto the box, look through the Downloads section for a build for H7
Grogbuild is my recomendation but it's up to you, follow the instructions for flashing, and then you'll need an oscam line for it so you can watch the channels, request one in the cable request thread

Do you want to set it up yourself or do you want to use a build that someone else has created? there are a couple available in the downloads section of this forum if you just want to flash someone elses build, its probably the quickest way to do it but you learn more if doing yourself.

firstly you'll need a build flashing onto the box, look through the Downloads section for a build for H7
Grogbuild is my recomendation but it's up to you, follow the instructions for flashing, and then you'll need an oscam line for it so you can watch the channels, request one in the cable request thread
Thanks for this, i will look at the downloads and check them out, it may be easier to start with

Do you want to set it up yourself or do you want to use a build that someone else has created? there are a couple available in the downloads section of this forum if you just want to flash someone elses build, its probably the quickest way to do it but you learn more if doing yourself.
@grog68 - i'd love to set it up myself but i think i will be asking so many questions so i may drive you guys a bit mad. If you dont mind, i'll pick your brain. Although my dad is a little impatient :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@grog68 - i'd love to set it up myself but i think i will be asking so many questions so i may drive you guys a bit mad. If you dont mind, i'll pick your brain. Although my dad is a little impatient :)
Most of your questions will already be answered on here somewhere, basically the box should have ATV installed anyway but you may want to update it by pressing the blue button and selecting 'flash online' from the right hand side. Flash the latest ATV image (I would stick with 6.1 rather than 6.2 for the time being)

Once you have the latest atv flashed then it's a matter if installing skins and plugins that you want, such as Autobouquets Maker and epg importer. press green button and then green button again to go to downloadable plugins, most plugins will be in 'Extensions' section although Autobouquets maker is in the systemplugins section. Skins are in the skins section.

You will also need to install softcam manager which is not available using the above method, I'm sure there is something in the downloads section of this forum.

Most of your questions will already be answered on here somewhere, basically the box should have ATV installed anyway but you may want to update it by pressing the blue button and selecting 'flash online' from the right hand side. Flash the latest ATV image (I would stick with 6.1 rather than 6.2 for the time being)

Once you have the latest atv flashed then it's a matter if installing skins and plugins that you want, such as Autobouquets Maker and epg importer. press green button and then green button again to go to downloadable plugins, most plugins will be in 'Extensions' section although Autobouquets maker is in the systemplugins section. Skins are in the skins section.

You will also need to install softcam manager which is not available using the above method, I'm sure there is something in the downloads section of this forum.
thank you sir. Will have a play around and see how i go. Thanks gain.

@ianw314 Thanks for this. I'll give it a go. I tried Grogs build on H7 and my box went into an infinite boot loop. im alot further with ipab now so am working on that :)

Although i am missing a bunch of channels sl y sp88t etc. Not sure if they will appear once i get a line added in.

So much info, hard to dig through all the posts

@grog68 The rebooting issue is bound to be my fault, so once i'm up and running with a decent backup, i'll feed back on the build. Pretty sure i must have done something wrong and thanks for all your support so far

Back