How do you Change the splash screen?

indiehead

Right guys I'm using zgemma 2s I've added a jpeg & renamed it splash.bin & put in it the flash image folder , reflashed but still getting the same image. I've done it before but have completely forgotten lol Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Zgemma 2s mate, got an image, vix image running very smooth I just want to change the alien splash, sucmnsee old image it is. I know how to change boot images etc... but the splash I've forgotten completely how to do it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what KiddaC said about it:

The only way to change this screen is while flashing your box with a new image or backup image as it's loaded in with the flash. You can't just change a file via FTP.

This screen is called splash.bin as mentioned by dsayer.

The splash.bin is actually a bmp file that has been renamed as .bin.

The only file dimensions that work for this are 720px x 576px. This is the wrong aspect ratio for current sat boxes. So if you design an image this size it will be stretched when loaded.
Therefore create a standard size image say 1280x720 and then resize it to 720px x 576px so it looks squashed.

Save it as splash.bmp (24 bit). Rename splash.bin and add it to your SH1 folder on your image/backup image.

Last edited:
that's one of the reasons I prefer the Vix image, they have a range of boot logos in the download plugins.

Bootlogos are the image on screen as the box boots up.

The splash screen is the one that shows for about 5 seconds when the box is powered on, before the boot sequence starts.

Back