How do you enter biss keys on enigma2

Janso

TK Veteran
Title is pretty self explanatory. The biss keys I can find, it’s what you do with them I have no idea about. Anybody able to shed any light?

a google search throws this up

Go to your FTP, put the adress on filezilla normally is

User: root
Pass: root

Press enter, after you connect search for /usr/keys shortcut and delete. It will ask if you really want to do it and say yes you want.

Then go to /var/keys/ and create a file with notepad++ named constant.cw

Important!!!

To open the channel, you need to get the key of the feed you want to open in first place to make it work, then after save, restart softcam on: Menu - Softcam / CI - Softcam Setup... - Restart Softcam.

And then it will open

I've also seen various other guides about putting them in usr/keys as well
looks like a minefield for E2 tbh depending on box and image,,,,

That was the guide I tried to follow initially. I feel like there’s an awful lot missing from it though... for one thing it doesn’t actually tell you what cam is being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mg.cam seems to point towards usr/keys
there also seems to be some folder called scce gets mentioned a few times, ??????

That confused me, that folder doesn’t even exist that I can see so I’m guessing I have to create it?

That confused me, that folder doesn’t even exist that I can see so I’m guessing I have to create it?

I have no idea,
but,
I'm hoping you get it figured out by the time I get my motorised sorted out, :grin:

I wonder can it be sorted on a V8s any easier,,,,,,,,,,, ?

EDIT : seems a load easier on an openbox :)

Judging by what mike said on the football feeds thread it’s just a case of typing it in on that...

I’ll keep trying anyway. Suppose I’ll get it eventually. [emoji23]

Judging by what mike said on the football feeds thread it’s just a case of typing it in on that...

I’ll keep trying anyway. Suppose I’ll get it eventually. [emoji23]

just found a thread about it,
the cw file is already on an openbox, :grin:

I’m just looking at that link wilb has posted, haven’t a ******* clue where you find this hash stuff [emoji23]

I have no idea,
but,
I'm hoping you get it figured out by the time I get my motorised sorted out, :grin:

I wonder can it be sorted on a V8s any easier,,,,,,,,,,, ?

EDIT : seems a load easier on an openbox :)
The V8s won't do Biss or Powervu, I have a Freesat box, the Freesat Golden or Super does both, you just tune the feed in and enter the biss key.

Last edited:
The V8s won't do Biss or Powervu, I have a Freesat box, the Freesat Golden or Super does both, you just tune the feed in and enter the biss key.
I think its manual for each time you change channel going by this

http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1654

However ny Skybox V8 (not combo) is like this
Go to "Camds Setup" then "CCcam Cient Setup" then "Manage Config Files" then "Constant.cw"
Use the right button to get to the "+" to add a code.

Code settings for BISS are.
Ciad =2600
ProvID =000000
SID= your channel's SID, You can see this by pressing the "Info" button three time while on that channel.
PMT PID=0000
ECM PID=0000
Even Cw= the biss code for your channel
Odd Cw = the same code again.

Looks to be an absolute nightmare on enigma2. I’ve read the stuff wulb has posted on the other thread and I may as well be trying to read the bible in Swahili.

I think its manual for each time you change channel going by this

http://freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1654

However ny Skybox V8 (not combo) is like this
Go to "Camds Setup" then "CCcam Cient Setup" then "Manage Config Files" then "Constant.cw"
Use the right button to get to the "+" to add a code.

Code settings for BISS are.
Ciad =2600
ProvID =000000
SID= your channel's SID, You can see this by pressing the "Info" button three time while on that channel.
PMT PID=0000
ECM PID=0000
Even Cw= the biss code for your channel
Odd Cw = the same code again.
Hi steptoe , I tried this recently on my Openbox V8s and it worked very well, so thanks for putting me right and showing me how it's done. Once you input one set of keys you can save it to a usb, then you have a "Constant" file that you can edit in notepad, you can then copy and paste more lines in, and just change the SID and Biss keys each time. One thing I noticed is that you can't have two SID numbers the same or the channels won't open.
To load the file, first tune in the feed, then load the file the same way as a channel list, Menu - "Upgrade By USB", change "Image File" to "Misc File" - "Select & Upgrade" then select "constant.cw", (No 6 on the V8s) & Upgrade.

Last edited:
Back