How do you know youve got the right channel list and firmware?

casper17

Hi,

I was wondering how you identify which channel list is the right one- I have noticed that AJs channel list has 4 different types at present the first one out of the four has the most views so im assuming this is the most popular one? Do I want SD im not sure- why wouldnt I?

AJ's List 28-2-14.zip

AJ's List 28-2-14 (No Adult).zip

AJ's List 28-2-14 (With SD).zip

AJ's List 28-2-14 (With SD) (No Adult).zip

I am also wondering what firmware is the right one for the skybox f5s I downloaded this one from the skybox.cc-2014/01/22 SKYBOX F3S F5S 140122 but when I compare it to the one on the tech kings website the numbering is not the same?

Thanks for the help folks.

Keep sd ones as some servers don't do hd

I would have to imagine that most, Certainly the good ones all do HD, no? but some channels aren't available on HD, or you are having problems on a HD channel, then the SD version may be working perfectly so it servers as a back-up.

Hmm so its def best to d/l the SD version to have those channels as a back up. Some must be willing to take the risk and are happy to d/l the non SD version known they wont have to trawl through on a daily basis.

As far as the firmwares concerned is this the latest 1? Does the latest related firmware for your box gather all the other small updates such as the epg and small bug fixes and add them under 1 umbrella.

Thanks

It's only the HD Sports & HD Film channels that are duplicated in SD in the "with SD" channel list.

This was done after some members requested it, as their HD sports & film channels were glitching during high demand. It gave them the SD equivalent to fall back on.

The latest firmware will include all previous bug fixes.

Last edited:
Back