How Does Cable & Satellite Work Nowadays

steoc

Hi. I've been away from the scene for a long time. I was steo2k8 on afterdawn years ago back when we had nagra 2. Good awl days :)

Basically I'm miles behind and was just wondering how things work now. Currently I have VM analogue channels and a sky box for FTA. Is that the best I can basically do nowadays?

Hi. I've been away from the scene for a long time. I was steo2k8 on afterdawn years ago back when we had nagra 2. Good awl days :)

Basically I'm miles behind and was just wondering how things work now. Currently I have VM analogue channels and a sky box for FTA. Is that the best I can basically do nowadays?

Hells bells NO - if you've got VM and sky feeds to your home the world is your lobster! - you can get a good quality box from site sponsor for approx 70 wing-wangs and it will utilise both sat and VM, also IPTV should the need arise, you'll have HD channels and recording ability and a multitude of other features

scroll down the main page til you see this

Attachments

• sponsors.jpg
    sponsors.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 99
Hells bells NO - if you've got VM and sky feeds to your home the world is your lobster! - you can get a good quality box from site sponsor for approx 70 wing-wangs and it will utilise both sat and VM, also IPTV should the need arise, you'll have HD channels and recording ability and a multitude of other features

scroll down the main page til you see this
Thanks I'll have to look into this. I'm miles behind now. Years ago I was helping others set up their starview, dreambox, eurovox, Dbox, Replay lite and the good old kryptview :)

I'l get something sorted anyway but I have no idea how it works as I completely just gave up when nagra 3 came in. I'll do a bit of research on that box and iptv. Thanks.

Without an IPTV subscription I only get the FTA channels though right? As for the VM connection would all them channels also be scrambled without IPTV? I have no idea what's what anymore lol.

Last edited:
ya fecker last seen feb 2017 on ad ,gone very quiet over there.
getting a good box with swappable tuners and internal hdd for recording should make it future proof.
on cable maybe 4 channels open all the rest are encrypted and need a live feed,got their vm bb?
and for blind feckers to read the first post in the server request thread .

Back