how easy is it to set up a sattellite dish i

hi. just set up dish first time in my life in under one minute.. without any help, just set sattelite, freq in you r tuner and on screen watch signal %.. good luck. it's very easy :)

only a magician will take a min humans take longer,remember dish is in kit form and has to be assembled,find suitable location,climb up ladder and drill holes for bracket,lug
all stuff up ladder with safety in mind and secure,when done you add the sat cables to lnb and to rooms of your choice.

I use one for a touring caravan and have to set up all the time.

It is pretty easy once you know what you are doing.

Set the elevation first, depending on the dish it may vary between 20 and 26 degrees. So find out what
the elevation for the dish is first.

There is usually a scale on the mouting bracket.

So the arm on the LNB for my dish looks almost horizontal when looking at it, where a sky dish looks
like its leaning back because the dishes have different elevation settings.
If you get what I mean.

Scotland about 22 to London about 24 degrees "ish"

then move from west to east the first sat you come to should be 28 (sky).

If you have got an extension lead stick a portable outside with your box hooked up while you are tuning if you can.

Make sure everything is mounted square when you fix your bracket.

It isn't that difficult for a fixed dish, don't know about motorised.I don't even bother with sat meters anymore
just get a rough idea where I should be pointing with a compass.(y)

I've done it couple of times.
You need two important things.
1) you need (a satellite finder) you may find on ebay easily and it's not expensive.
2) An on-air frequency on the satellite you want to see. lyngsat.com

If you are on the northern hemisphere, you dish should be pointed to south. Don't worry about the degrees, right now.
According to your location and satellite degree you'll know if the satellite is at the left (SE) or right(SW). Your true south is 180.
Example: NY city is at 40.7142° N, 74.0064° W and you want see EchoStar 12/15 at 61.5°W
1) Point the to your true south (use a compass).

2) Connect the LNB to SAT-FINDER to STB
3) Tune it to 12224 R 21500 2/3 8PSK

4) Start to move the dish slowly to your left while pointing it to.

Turn the dish to left little bit, stop , move the nose up and down slowly.
At some point you should hear "BIIIP" from the sat finder

Once you hear the sound try to maximize the quality by moving the dish very slowly.
Once you have done this. Turn the LNB on it axis left or right according to signal levels.
You are done.

Seems complicated but it's not.
Good luck

Back