How many devices on one line

Kn0ck0ff

Good afternoon Gents

One of my best pals has just swapped over to VM & is looking at getting a h2h , he has a router & a samsung TiVo box , now the problem is he wants to use 3 zgemma boxes on the feed too , that's 5 devices in total , obviously he's going to split the feed at source but my feelings are that there will be too many devices on the feed & I don't think it will do the signal levels any good , I mean come on the h2h box is temperamental as it is with regards to signal levels .... any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated

It's usually one device per line (sub) unless otherwise agreed with the provider.

In regards to signal levels, a HDU-400 would probably be required.

It's usually one device per line (sub) unless otherwise agreed with the provider.

In regards to signal levels, a HDU-400 would probably be required.
Sorry I meant with regards to the actual vm fees that comes in from the street , can remember back on the day when I used to jtag & glitch the ntl boxes , the more boxes you put on the vm feed the less the signal would be & often required a visit to the green cab on the street to swap the f plug onto the red amplifier in the cab

Vm usually add one multoroom box if required (had a offer recently)
5 is excessive In the least and will deffintly require a mains powered signal booster.
Could he not just use openwebif on the other tvs I use dream epg upstairs on a firestick in my son's room running of my main box downstairs I have no problems with it.

Doesn't matter what receivers you have - it's logical to think that if you split the signal so many times, you will get a loss of strength so in that respect, no difference to the old boxes you used to deal with.

Back