How Stable Is Wireless ?

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Hi guys.
Got a new TV for me room and considering buying a zgemma. However it would have to be wireless, i heard it's not very stable and needs to be wired, is this true ?

I know I could test my i55 but I don't want to mess around unplugging it etc

thanks

I've had zgemmas on wifi my tv on wireless does work quite well tbh but you have to think of the factors around your home that can add to wifi drop outs electrical items people on network ect you can buy homeplugs if you have a spare ethanet port on your router but they can cause problems aswell no matter whether ethanet or WiFi there could be a problem

You can't be bothered unplugging a device and moving it to another room but you expect people to spend time on your threads trying to help and advise you?

People are always telling me not to mess with my box, I just wanted a quick consensus on wether zgemmas have good wireless iptv performance

People are always telling me not to mess with my box, I just wanted a quick consensus on wether zgemmas have good wireless iptv performance

You already know, it's not very stable and better to be wired.

I don't think anyone would advise you not to mess with your box in this situation as it'll give you a 100% guaranteed correct answer to your question whereas asking here will get you educated guesses at best.

I have bt infinity internet and use 2 boxes on wireless don't notice the difference between the wired box and the wireless box all depends on your isp and the quality of there router.

Got a new TV for me room and considering buying a zgemma. However it would have to be wireless, i heard it's not very stable and needs to be wired, is this true ?

Is it a Smart TV which is wireless? If so, see how it fares playing YouTube videos over WiFi. If they're okay, it's a pretty good indicator that your WiFi is good enough for your box too.

I find most smart tv the internal wifi is not that good but again all depends on make and model, I found same with mag box internal wifi is poor but use a wifi dongle and works perfectly well,

I run my box wired, but I have also tried it wireless and I notice no difference. I then have a Smart TV which is wireless and this is fine and finally 2 x Firesticks upstairs, again both wireless. The Wi-Fi signal in 1 of the rooms upstairs is excellent, the 2nd room is not very good, both still run fine with IPTV, streaming etc. Finally I have an Xbox and a PS4, both run wireless, the connection doesn't drop out, but it's nowhere near as fast as wired for downloading.

Wi-Fi all depends on internal factors, the thickness of your walls, materials used for construction, distance from router. Wired is always recommended as the best option, but only you can tell whether your Wi-Fi is up to speed, everyone is different. Even next door making a baked potato in a microwave can potentially affect your Wi-Fi.

Plus, you know your I55 box inside out now, so why would you consider buying a different box, why not just buy another of the same box, at least you know how it works and saves you having to learn a whole new box all over again.

I found wireless worked fine when just using for cs TV but when using for IPTV or using a network drive it was not so good, get some homeplugs instead, cost more but far better

Plus, you know your I55 box inside out now, so why would you consider buying a different box, why not just buy another of the same box, at least you know how it works and saves you having to learn a whole new box all over again.

Cause he wanted to start a new thread Silly! LOL

I find most smart tv the internal wifi is not that good but again all depends on make and model, I found same with mag box internal wifi is poor but use a wifi dongle and works perfectly well,
I agree with that one of my tv is wireless and can struggle with buffering ect already stated to NazoDoop that there's a number of factors internally and externally about WiFi even stated to get home plugs can see this thread been DELETED BY A MOD

Back