how to access files recorded on usb on H2S via computer???

MisterB

TK Veteran
hi, I have some films recorded onto a usb pen drive, I have tried to access them via my laptop, but it just tells me the drive isn't readable, and I need to reformat the drive to read it, however that would wipe all the files I want - is there a programme I can download that would allow me to read the usb?? thanks

you need to ftp in to your box and just copy to your computer its the easiest way. you can get software to do it
but this way can be done for free and easy

If you're using windows you can type \\192.168.0.24\Harddisk\movie into the navigation bar of windows explorer (file manager).
Substitute your own IP address from menu > information > network.

You can then use drag and drop to copy the files to PC.

I have tried to access them via my laptop, but it just tells me the drive isn't readable

If you mean you've physically plugged the USB in to your laptop then that won't work, as you've found out, because the file systems are different. Like the guys have said, FTP from your laptop and copy the files across. ;)

I have tried to access them via my laptop, but it just tells me the drive isn't readable

If you mean you've physically plugged the USB in to your laptop then that won't work, as you've found out, because the file systems are different. Like the guys have said, FTP from your laptop and copy the files across. ;)

ok, I m on holiday WITHOUT my zgemma (but have the pen drive from the zgemma). I do have an openbox with me, but that doesn't see the file format on the usb either. that's why I wondered if there was a way to read the usb on the laptop via any programme I can download

Code:
http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

great, thanks. Diskinternals sorted it - took a bit of looking through the file structures, but finally found all the recorded movies/tv programmes and copied them onto the lappy, now just transferring them onto a different usb stick for watching through the openbox or tv usb hopefully. if not I can just hook up the lappy via hdmi and watch them that way - thanks again!

Does e2 box need to have usb mounted to use ftp protocol,i know to be seen for recordings they have to be mounted correctly.
Is your usb mounted and seen in storage?

Back