How to assign EPG to IPTV streams

Hi guys having a weird problem with my epg on my iptv it only shows random guides for certain channels then nothing in the other channel so im not sure what on or whats coming on

Hi guys having a weird problem with my epg on my iptv it only shows random guides for certain channels then nothing in the other channel so im not sure what on or whats coming on

Hi guys I dont know where to post this but I want to use the app Jadoo Go on my VU+ Solo2 box. Can someone tell me how? I have installed the app on a tablet and have to attach the tablet to the tv via hdmi every time I want to use it. Please help!.

Thanks

How to automatically create your custom.channels.xml from IPTV bouquet
The below python script will create the custom.channels.xml file that is used to create a mapping between your epg data and the unique IPTV stream reference . It's assumed in the guide below you have some linux command line knowledge to run it.

# I do not take responsibility for any lost data or damage to your system or device, This is done at your own risk! #

Prerequisites:
  • Enigma2 Box IP Address: To find your IP Address go to Menu-> Setup-> Network-> Device Setup-> Lan Setup (WLan option if that is used)-> Adapter settings
    - Note that if you have DHCP set to Yes then your IP Address may change periodically, if you want a static IP address then you need to change the settings here.
  • Enigma2 Box userID and password: This varies from box to box and image to image so google is your friend here.
  • IPTV channels: These should be imported into your Enigma2 box and be in a single bouquet
  • FTP client: a good commonly used one is filezilla but there are loads out there that will do the job.
    - Filezilla basic user guide
    - Youtube guide on using Filezilla
  • SSH client: You will need to connect to the server to test your script and change permissions, I personally use Putty available from http://www.putty.org/
Using the Script
  • Connect to your Enigma2 device and FTP the below file channelscreator.py to a suitable location eg /etc/epgimport/
    zip.png
    channelscreator.zip
  • Open an SSH session to you enigma2 device
  • Change directory to the folder where you placed the file egtype
    cd /etc/epgimport/
  • now run the python script against your IPTV bouquet file
    - Remember to change the placeholder "Your-IPTV-Bouquet-name-here.tv" to your IPTV bouquet nam
    python channelscreator.py /etc/enigma2/Your-IPTV-Bouquet-name-here.tv
  • This will create as new file called custom.channels.xml which you need to update with the channel ID from you EPG data source
  • Updating custom.channels.xml is as simple as replacing the word placeholder with the channel ID from you epg source xmltv file
  • You should delete any entries that are able to get epg data from an assigned service ref using tools such as echanneliser
Change Log
26/October - Script updated
26/October - Initial version created

Hi mate i'm missing a stream ref for MTV live was wondering would you have it or be able to point me in the right direction on where to find it Thxs

Never looked at subtitles tbh, think they need to be provided by your IPTV provider but am open to correction
Hi Tommy mate you can add them using e-Channelizer i've added all the rest just can't find the stream reference for MTV LIVE tried a vm one i had but no good

How much info is in the EPG for everyone who has it working? Is it just now/next or have people got 7/14 day guides with e-channeliser?

How much info is in the EPG for everyone who has it working? Is it just now/next or have people got 7/14 day guides with e-channeliser?
depends on your provider, some will have 7+ days others only 1 or 2 days.
if using the sat references (echanneliser or some scripts) then you should be able to get 7 days if that is set in your EPG settings on the box

im sure there is a way to add epg without echannelizer i saw some youtube vids on it being down thru epg importer
yes your IPTV provider can set the stream reference equal to the service reference and epgimporter will auto import the epg, all echanneliser is doing is setting that for you
there is the option of https://xtream-editor.com/ or your provider may also have created a custom.channels.xml and custom.sources.xml for you mapping the epg items

Hi,

My provider has given me a .sh script that I have downloaded to my Vu+ duo2 STB running openatv 6.0.
I have a couple of question that I wonder can you help me with.

1. EPG loads 90% of the channels (all channels are uk only) do you know why the other 10% will not load ?
2. Picons only load for some also ?

Would the EPG not loading for some channels be because the service reference is not there or in fact incorrect ?
Would the picons not loading be because the channel name is slightly different for DVB service name ?

Finally, by using echannlizer resolve the above following the guide

Thanks

Hi for the epg yes you need to add the correct reference which can be done using e-channelizer the picons i don't use as they slow the box down so not sure the DVB service name shouldn't really matter but again you could edit it using e-channelizer some guy's are also using xtream editor for epg although i haven't tried it myself so can't comment on but might me worth looking into hope this helps

Hi, I am looking to add IPTV to my Zgemma and have full UK epg. I was given bouquets to upload to etc/enigma2 and this worked for a while however when channels changed they were lost from bouquets and only available through XC plugin. Is it possible to have bouquets that update when streams change? or even the main iptv bouquet update and any missing channel manually moved on the box then as required. If someone could provide steps that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how to add stream references to e channalizer. I wanted to update my iptv m3u channels and noticed the a lot of the stream references missing. There's no sly movies or sly sports

Just like to say thanks to Tommy, followed his guide and now I have a fully automated 7 day epg for both uk and us channels.

One thing, I did have to edit the zap2xml.py file slightly as any programme title that didn't have any event info, wouldn't display on the epg.
The solution was to add a space in the code below

line 1399 original code
fh.write("\t\t<desc lang=\"" + lang + "\">")

After edit
fh.write("\t\t<desc lang=\"" + lang + "\"> ")

Hi,
It does not work on my box when i try to execute it, i get the following:
/etc/epgimport# ./xmltv.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "zap2xml.py", line 102, in <module>
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulStoneSoup
ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
grep: xmltv.xml: No such file or directory
rm: can't remove 'xmltv.xml': No such file or directory
root@vuduo2
heh.png
etc/epgimport# ./xmltv.sh
root@vuduo2
heh.png
etc/epgimport# opkg install python-mechanize
Package python-mechanize (0.2.5-r4) installed in root is up to date.
root@vuduo2
heh.png
etc/epgimport# ./xmltv.sh

Can you please help me?

Back