How to assign EPG to IPTV streams

First post but you guys appear to be on the ball on this issue so here goes:-

IPTV is up an running fine on my Enigma2 box (Vu+ Duo). My provider supplied some additional script along the following lines - I've edited it btw (wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://s1.xxxxxx.com:20000/get.php?username=xxxxx92Zp&password=xxxHSjHGP7&typ e=enigma216_script&output=ts" && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh) which I pasted onto the box via putty. It installed an iptv bouquet alongside the "normal" ones. I edited it using echannelizer getting rid of the foreign language stuff.

The epg for the old fta channels works fine with full details of every broadcast, but whilst the channel names all appear under the iptv section of the epg, the detailed programme info is so far empty.

I think I'm close to nailing this but need some advice.

If I press menu-setup-epg-epg importer-manual the box says "no active epg sources found nothing to do". If I press menu-setup-epg-epg importer-sources it gives me a load of Rytec options, including Rytec XMLTV, Rytec IPTV XMLTV, Rytec EPG.DAT (use at your own risk), and UK Sat.

If I go to the CrossEPG it shows only Sly under OpenTV providers, and a host of possibles under XMLTV providers incl. Rytec IPTV XMLTV, Rytec UK Sat XMLTV, and Rytec UK XMLTV

I'm a bit wary at this point as I don't want to screw this up - I've reflashed images a few times already, and had to reinstall script, and edit channels too.

Any suggestions?

Think I am gonna need to use that windows app, I got a new provider and the streams work great, however there is no files in epgimporter, he says they should be, dropbox for the sources has a 429 error so I am hoping this guide works for me.

Hi

I have managed to assign uk sat epg to my iptv streams via e channelizer, how can i add all other foreign country epg for iptv?

Thanks

Would this work for usa and other blank epg assigned to iptv mate excellent guides can see you've taken time and effort to put it all together for people like myself to have an idea how to do it

When i move my iptv streams from iptv bouquet to my favorites bouquet and assign satellite epg via e-channelizer to favorites bouquet iptv streams the uk entertainment and movies channel stop working however, the sports works fine which is weird.

This only stops stream when assigning epg but that shouldn't affect it.

Can anyone please help?

I've just followed Suls guide to auto update the m3u after using the Suls script one my zgemma, this is my first go at this, i got this message after finishing the guide

I /etc/cron/crontabs.1471 [Modified] 3/3 100%

is this right?

And do i just use putty to install it

No put IPK in tmp then install via box then reboot box, goto plugin change provider and enter user and password follow the guide and you should be fine.

Just a note that if you already have a IPTV plugin by another provider probably best to remove current version first.

just a quick one. ive been playing for hours and its doing my head in lol.. any light on the situation would help. i am currently trying to get full epg on SUPERSTREAMS source. when i first did it i got tsn / bein etc all to work then they stopped working. thinking it was a problem with webgrab i tried all different sources and epgimport would say 0 channels imported (testing 1 at once). now i use a custom list as SUPERSTREAMS tends to have a few weird naming conventions eg bbc4.uk but heres the strange thing..bein sports for example is named the same in both my script and in the one downloaded by E2m3u2bouquet but for some reason it will import in 1 but not the other..its really doing my head in.heres the example below.. all UK is fine i have every single channel mapped and pulling epg properly but from line 489 onwards (is there a limit) it wont import..

**example 1 from suls_iptv_channels.xml**
<channel update="i" site="bein.net" site_id="mena_sports/HD3" xmltv_id="HD3">HD3</channel>
<channel id="HD3">1:0:1:8ec8:36cf:4976:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel> <!-- beIN Sports 3 HD -->
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this fills the epg no problem^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**example 2 from custom_channels.xml**
<channel update="i" site="bein.net" site_id="mena_sports/HD3" xmltv_id="HD3">HD3</channel>
<channel id="HD3">1:0:1:8ec8:36cf:4976:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel> <!-- beIN Sports 3 HD -->
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^same channel id & same id but returns 0 channels imported and doesnt fill^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

everything is identical except the xml name but it fills all UK no problem the second it it hits after line 489 it stops in custom..but i can edit the suls file and it pulls again but every time channel list is update so does the suls_xml so i cant edit that..
any light on the matter would be muchly appreciated

i have also tried changing the xmlid to match those in suls but that doesnt work either. i lose lots of uk channels again eg

**example1*
<channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="11819" xmltv_id="BBC Four HD">BBC Four HD</channel>
<channel id="BBC Four HD">1:0:1:84d6:d986:3b36:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel> <!-- BBC 4 HD -->
this work fine and pulls full epg..i

**example2 SULS xml***** <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="11819" xmltv_id="BBC4.uk">BBC Four HD</channel>
<channel id="BBC4.uk">1:0:1:84d6:d986:3b36:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel> <!-- BBC 4 HD -->

^^^^^doesnt fill epg stays empty^^^^^^^^^^^

would prefer to use own custom list then every time i upate channels the custom list isnt effected

************UPDATE**********
decided to delete all lines before bein sports and made bein sports first line and it now imports so it looks like there may be a limit somewhere.. will do some more investigating and add lines bouquet at a time till i find the problem. on a side note decided to split the list in 2 see if that worked but for some reason it wont show the custom xml. it looks like there may be a limit on 2 custom xml's as 3 wont show in usr / epgimport

********UPDATE" LOL************
was just a stray " in the middle of a bouquet making every entry past that point void...fingers crossed its sprted

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but is there anyone that creates a daily completed EPG for other countries e.g. USA, Middle East channels etc. that people can download via a plugin onto their Enigma boxes where they can then assign their IPTV streams with the EPG channel e.g. the same way we do UK channels via E-Channeliser?

Forgive my ignorance but is there anyone that creates a daily completed EPG for other countries e.g. USA, Middle East channels etc. that people can download via a plugin onto their Enigma boxes where they can then assign their IPTV streams with the EPG channel e.g. the same way we do UK channels via E-Channeliser?

suls-e2m3u2bouquet

There are loads of services out there that provide full epg for any service however the issue is that most of the channel ID used will not match the service reference / channel ID used by your IPTV provider.
Have a look at using xtream-editor.com which allows you map the epg for these countries to specifc provider streams and allow you use it on different platforms then.
Ultimately it is up to your provider to supply a decent epg, if not then consider another one.

Back