how to changing region

steve69

how to change region

hi all,
im a newbie here and have been looking around for my anwser but cannot find it so please go easy on me.
right ive got a bm5000 now and are having a great time with it and am getting everything apart from the HD channels , the only problem when it was set up here by someone is
that the region wasnt set properly. now ive had a look around the box and i can see the right ssu in the blade online. i have hit that but then it says somthing like
the satalite and setting will be lost, thats if i hit the right region.
now if all i have to do is hit yes then brilliant but i dont want to mess anything up and end up with only having the fta channels.
i dont know if i have to put a channel list on a pen or i can just hit it off the blade online or not.
as you can tell im very new to this and just dont want to mess anything up.
hope ive come across ok with what im trying to get to and hiope someone can help me.
cheers in advance
steve.

Last edited:
Go to blade online, download the latest channel list for your region.

Don't worry about any warnings.

Then after that hit the EPG button on your remote, then the download EPG (think it was a red button on your remote)

It will then download the 7 day EPG. (you will need a USB stick in the box to save the extra information)

If you want a copy of all your settings on a USB stick in case you ever have any problems

Put a USB stick in the box

Menu - Setup - Update & Backup - Image Backup (Right button) to change the type to "all"

give the file a name then save (y)

Last edited:
your a star thanks bees.
i was just worried cos i got what i want now but i just didnt want to muck things up.
i managed to do the epg which is the red and thought ahhh i would be ok with the different region, but im a person that if
i got something i like it tyo work as it should, even though im not up on this sort of tech as you can tell lol.
thanks ever so much for your reply.

---------- Post Merged at 06:35 PM ----------

just one more thing please anyone ( huhhum bees )
has the hd channels been sorted yet or not or are we just going to have to wait.
cheers.

yes the hd channels have been sorted as were not getting them like sports/movies and others on 28.2,if you had cable you can get them back.

thanks for your reply cactikid.
thats strange cos the only hd channels that are coimg through on mine is the fta, bbc itv channel 4. i cant get anymore as they say all scrambled.
sorry about this but like i said im totally new to all this.

Last edited:
yes we started losing them around 6 months ago sky trying to stop card sharinglol,sky news,rte2,and a few others left.

Back