how to create a network mountpoint using vix. great for streaming media to your Vu BO

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
1. You need to go to your pc and create a new user and password I just call mine user= vu password=vu
2 in your new user account create a folder called media and drag any films or music you want to play from your vu box.
3. the new account you have setup must have full admin rights and the media folder must have full share rights.

now go to your vu or cloud box or any sat box using vix.
1. menu/system/network/mounts setup
2. select network browser to find out the ip adress of your pc
3 select new network mount point
4 use the following settings
a) mount using = fstab (mount using linux)
b) active = enable
c) share name = anything you like
d) mount type = cifs share
e) server ip = pc ip
f) server share = /media don't forget the /
g) hdd replacement = no
h) leave mount options
i) the username and password are the same as you have created on your pc account.

After you have done the above make sure you save and a new network mount will be created. to get to the files goto plugins media scanner and click on what ever you called your sharename.

Last edited:
Another way is to ftp straight to your mounted hard drive drag and drop your film in to hdd folder of the box

Hi, mike123 thanks for that, i have tried but im still unable to get it working..been through it a few times the only thing i can see different is:

mount using = fstab (mount using linux)
on my system it is

fstab (mount on boot)

not sure if this is the problem or not

Last edited:
on my boxes i use nfs to discover boxes on the network as i used to use samba but kept on getting errors
nfs is in the network section use it on linux boxes.

just keep looking through the options it depends which version of vix you are using however, their is always an option to mount using Linux)

, anyone have any ideas why this mount is inactive? settings are the same as they where when i first got it working20150328_130555[1].jpgIP remains same too

Attachments

• 20150328_130240[1].jpg
    20150328_130240[1].jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
must be an aussie setting lol

any time i use linux boxes i used nfs,where are your films and boxes are named vu solo,vu solo2 duo etc, what are you trying to do.?

Attachments

• 12855d1427547850t-how-create-network-mountpoint-using-vix-great-streaming-media-your-vu-bo-20150.jpg
    12855d1427547850t-how-create-network-mountpoint-using-vix-great-streaming-media-your-vu-bo-20150.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 12855d1427547850t-how-create-network-mountpoint-using-vix-great-streaming-media-your-vu-bo-20150.jpg
    12855d1427547850t-how-create-network-mountpoint-using-vix-great-streaming-media-your-vu-bo-20150.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
haha never used a media scanner as my yellow button can show any network device i need to retrieve data from

Back